Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapoport: Darrisaw out for year....
Not the news we wanted...Dayum

It's enough to make a guy want to change his username...
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

MF'er

Alright, next man up. Speedy recover to Darrisaw.

(5 hours ago)purplefaithful Wrote: Not the news we wanted...Dayum

It's enough to make a guy want to change his username...

Whats more likely to happen in that situation... something huge, or something bad? I was pissed when they lined up and handed it off... even more so after the injury. I disagree, as bad as things were going, take the knee, get into the locker room and try and figure it out before trying to pin your hopes on some miraculous 96 yard drive in 30 seconds with an O that wasnt doing shit for the last few posessions.
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

Wheels are coming off...
[-] The following 2 users Like supafreak84's post:

I think I'd put these in exactly this order...Q didn't play especially well last night, but he's been reliable in spot duty in the past.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
Your likely scenarios now with star LT Christian Darrisaw done for the year:
1. David Quessenberry remains at LT
2. Blake Brandel switches to LT and Dalton Risner inserted at LG (this means Ed Ingram is safe for the rest of the year)
3. Walter Rouse gets a shot at LT for the season
4. Trade for LT (extremely low chance of this though)

Maybe it's just me, but between the refs and catastrophic injuries everywhere around the league it's much less enjoyable to watch. Hamstring pulls, concussions, blown knees, it's like damn. Having the best team don't mean shit anymore. If you aren't extremely lucky on the injury front, talent means nothing..

is it just me, or injuries becoming more and more common, as the game is supposed to be getting safer?
Why isn't Chuck Foreman in the Hall of Fame?
[-] The following 3 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(4 hours ago)supafreak84 Wrote: Maybe it's just me, but between the refs and catastrophic injuries everywhere around the league it's much less enjoyable to watch. Hamstring pulls, concussions, blown knees, it's like damn. Having the best team don't mean shit anymore. If you aren't extremely lucky on the injury front, talent means nothing..

Tell that to the 6/0 Chiefs Wink

Seriously though, I understand the sentiment. I cant imagine the disappointment from a team or players perspective to when it happens. All the planning and scheming, up in an instant puff of smoke with a hip-drop etc.. 

Hell, we couldn't have nice things even up to Halloween. 

And I agree Jimmy, it seems these injuries are getting more and more common.

(4 hours ago)MaroonBells Wrote: I think I'd put these in exactly this order...Q didn't play especially well last night, but he's been reliable in spot duty in the past.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
Your likely scenarios now with star LT Christian Darrisaw done for the year:
1. David Quessenberry remains at LT
2. Blake Brandel switches to LT and Dalton Risner inserted at LG (this means Ed Ingram is safe for the rest of the year)
3. Walter Rouse gets a shot at LT for the season
4. Trade for LT (extremely low chance of this though)

My order would be

1, 3. 2. 4

I dont want to move Brandel unless we have to.

(4 hours ago)supafreak84 Wrote: Wheels are coming off...

.......and this feels very familiar.

Jimmy is damn right - Deep in your own territory with little time left, the most likely scenario is something bad.
Fumble, Safety, Pick, injury...."Will Ragatz" can go ahead and disagree, RARELY will something good come from that situation.

Stupid and unnecessary