Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl Halftime
What? How about a return of "up with people" from the 70s

those guys rocked

Use some of the old Prince era Seventh Street Entry club band's.  Burbs, Commandos, Replacements, Husker Du...   Now that's a show I would stay awake for.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
what... they couldnt get Bob Dylan to return their phone calls?  How about Soul Asylum?  

I still think a collaberation of artists that Prince wrote for and/or personally assisted in their careers doing a 15 minute Prince tribute would be the best half time show that could possibly be done in Minnesota.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2016/04/e...mily-tree/  I know I have heard of others as well that attribute their sound and some of their success to Prince Rogers Nelson.
I'm thinking some Sheena Easton "Sugar Walls" would be appropriate...

BTW- I used to run around singing that song in Elementary School! I literally had no clue what it meant until about a year ago (to be fair... There was about a 30 year gap in hearing the lyrics...). My Mom used to get angry with me, "STOP singing that damned song!" She didn't want to tell me why, she just didn't want me to sing the words "My sugar walls..."

Here's the video for anyone needing a good 80's chuckle...

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Use some of the old Prince era Seventh Street Entry club band's.  Burbs, Commandos, Replacements, Husker Du...   Now that's a show I would stay awake for.
Now you're talking. But The Mats would probably show up drunk, blow the roof off the place and be banned for life.