Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aaron Rodgers / Dallas Cowboys
12-10 career playoff record. 13 years ago won a Super Bowl in his only appearance. Will be 41 years old in early December. Also: Dallas Cowboys last won a Super Bowl at the end of the 1995 season. 29 years ago. 

Yet we hear about both in the sports media ad nauseam. We know why, its been discussed here plenty: Dallas moves the needle big time nationally as a talking point and Aaron Rodgers is in New York, which also moves the needle nationally....both regardless of how successful the teams are. The media was oh so ready to get back on the Jets bandwagon after the Saleh firing, lol. 

Just an observation, but it gets old with me. The media is now gagging us with Kansas City coverage, which is too bad because the city and its fans are really great. Its in 'fly over country', which is looked at with disdain by the east and west coast 'elites'. Its so much better to root for a team like the Chiefs....but of course familiarity breeds contempt and although I really do like Taylor Swift, I don't need to see her walking into the stadium before each KC game. Or in the suite 20 times a game. It doesn't matter that its Swift, I hate seeing anyone that often: Jerry Jones, for example. They love showing that old bastard up in his suite all game long. Patrick Mahomes is a generational QB, very hard worker and a great leader......and I'm sick as shit of looking at his face. Thanks oversaturated media exposure.
[-] The following 4 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I love seeing shots of Jerry in his suite. He usually appears to be in agony! Because I'm an old Vikings fan, the 'boys are my least favorite team!
[-] The following 2 users Like hogjowlsjohnny's post:

I agree with Stickier, its far from perfect but football (for me) is one avenue of escape from politics and that kind of toxicity in the world.

Gotta love the Cowboys in a tailspin, Saints are down, Eagles are down...Viking fans better take a minute and enjoy this window we find ourselves in at 5/0
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post: