Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings Defense rankings
#2 in Rushing Defense (67.2 YPG)  Ravens #1
#4 in Scoring (15.2 PPG)  Chargers #1, Broncos #2, Steelers #3
#30 in Passing Defense (263 YPG)  Only Ravens & Jacksonville are worse. Note who is #1 in Rushing Defense...they are #31 in Passing defense for the same reason.
#16 in Total YPG. Other Notables: the Jets defense is #2, Texans are #4, Bears are #7, 49ers are #9, Giants are #11, Chiefs are #13.  The surprise?  Tennessee has the #1 YPG defense. 

Yes, that Jets defense yesterday was not easy to play against.  

Turnover ratio:  
#5 at +4  Other notables:  Bills & Packers +7, Bears & Chargers at +5
Only 14 teams have a plus turnover ratio.

Interceptions:
#1 at 11 picks total. #2 is Green Bay at 9 picks and #3 is the Bears/Steelers/Saints tied with 6 picks.
Surprising? 3 teams have zero picks (Titans, Commodes, Jaguars) and Chiefs have 1.

Point Differential
Vikings #1 at +63 Notable others: Saints +57, Commanders +40, Bills +36, Bears +28, Broncos +23, Lions +22, Ravens +21, Chiefs +20, Packers +20
The NFC North is a tough division
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

Jets D shut down Minnesota in the 2nd half....they just did. Darnold pulled out a drive needed to get 3 more points toward the end however.

Jets defense is for real and they may have the best CB tandem in the NFL. They are REALLY good. That being said, why we always went for the home run ball made me scratch my head.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chuckf's post:

(4 hours ago)Chuckf Wrote: Jets defense is for real and they may have the best CB tandem in the NFL.  They are REALLY good.  That being said, why we always went for the home run ball made me scratch my head.

I think it goes back to KOC's mentality that he talked about last game.  He's going to play aggressive and not take it safe because of "what if"?  If that's his MO, we know what can be expected.

Was surprised to see that the Jets had 54 pass attempts and only 14 rush attempts, with being ahead in every game and by a large margin in several games, teams definitely have been more pass oriented, so think the pass yardage allowed ranking for us is misleading.

(4 hours ago)Chuckf Wrote: Jets defense is for real and they may have the best CB tandem in the NFL.  They are REALLY good.  That being said, why we always went for the home run ball made me scratch my head.

^^^

This!!!

I dont think we saw KOC at his best yesterday and I questioned their offense's situational football prowess at key times. 

But we won and I'll sure take it. 

I think I heard our 3rd down conversion was not very good yesterday and may not be ytd in regards to that offense. 

They definitely have some things to try to clean-up and people to heal the next 2 weeks. They better, cause they come back to face the Kitties right away.

Bye week came just in time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post: