Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets-Vikings Game Day Observations
5-0....who'd a thunk it? Wink Pretty crazy heading into the bye and then a big boy matchup at home against Detroit. Loved seeing all the Viking purple in the stands and streets of London.
  • Our first real peak at 'Bad Sam'. Missed some passes, looked a bit flustered at times. Forced too many throws into Jefferson the 2nd half. Got sacked a few times by holding onto the ball too freaking long. Did just enough in the 2nd half while looking shaky at the same time. I think KOC's play calling a few times was lesser than. Worst outing for the offense, seemed to shrink up after Aaron Jones went out. 
  • Excellent play by the D, opportunistic. Nice to see Pace play well upon his return. Rodgers' receivers didn't do him any favors, however. 
  • Some bad penalties at bad times. Frustrating.
  • Not a great look for the offense, hopefully its just one of those clunkers that come up. Jets' D showed up in spots. 
  • No worries when Will the Thrill comin'.....
  • Rodgers looked sore, old and cranky. Had some horrible drops by his WRers. 

Kind of a weird, not played well game at times by both teams. I actually think the bye comes at a good time for Minnesota. Hopefully 'Bad Sam' goes away for awhile again and they can stack a few more Ws in the short term. The encouraging part is the team doesn't need to play A+ football to beat decent teams. Should bode well moving forward. SHOULD be the key word.

We won. I'll take it.

I think part of the bad offensive play was due to the Jets' defense being pretty damn good, particularly their secondary. We sure could have used Hock yesterday to work the underneath.

My biggest concern is our special teams. They do not appear to be situationally aware or well coached. From Dallas Turner catching the ball on the two yard line and crossing the line for a touch back,  to the muffed punt turnover last week, to the roughing the kicker and blocking in the back on a punt return this week. They kept the opponents in the game the past two weeks.

We all knew Sam would have his ups and downs. Hopefully this is as down as he gets. He looked flustered at times but didn't make any boneheaded turnovers.

On to the Lions. Let's see if we can bully the bullies.
[-] The following 3 users Like NorseFeathers's post:

Perfectly called, perfectly timed, perfectly executed.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(33 minutes ago)MaroonBells Wrote: Perfectly called, perfectly timed, perfectly executed.

Gink said Rodgers said, 'Merry Christmas' when he saw him later......I'm like, dude you got snookered. It wasn't a gift, it was a game planned takeaway. Rodgers didn't even see him. Good defensive strategy executed to perfection.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: