Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halftime thoughts
Good game plan by KOC

Aaron Jones is a weapon in this O. Getting the most out of his chances. Doing little things that really help an O. 

D looks great against a mediocre offense. 

Darnold really good. That last pass though late over the middle is worrisome, he will not get away clean from decisions like those very often

Bustbury and Ingram struggling against Lawrence. 

Trishton Jackson inactive. When Addison gets suspended it’s going to really hurt. 

Michael Jurgens active over Rouse.  I’m not surprised

I am having a hard time deciding if we are playing well or if NYG is just dogshit right now. I think it might be a bit of both?
Is this thing on?
[-] The following 3 users Like Mike Olson's post:

(09-08-2024, 02:14 PM)Mike Olson Wrote: I am having a hard time deciding if we are playing well or if NYG is just dogshit right now. I think it might be a bit of both?

Little bit of both.  Our d is disruptive and we match up very well with giants. Giants are not horrible but not very good either.

(09-08-2024, 02:37 PM)Bullazin Wrote: Little bit of both.  Our d is disruptive and we match up very well with giants. Giants are not horrible but not very good either.

No, the Giants are in the running for pick #1 in the 2025 NFL Draft. Vikings won a nice game regardless.

(09-08-2024, 02:14 PM)Mike Olson Wrote: I am having a hard time deciding if we are playing well or if NYG is just dogshit right now. I think it might be a bit of both?

I think it definitely was a bit of both, but that's ok. Good for Darnold to have a good game and get some confidence. Fun game to watch. I know tougher sledding awaits, but for now, enjoyable.

Yes, a bit of both. But good teams win the games they're supposed to. There are no cake walks in the NFL anymore and any time you can go on the road in a home opener with all the hype and fanfare and dominate you're doing something right.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I thought that our D had more intensity yesterday than at any time last year. It was almost like at a certain point during the season, Hunter didn't even try. And we didn't seem to get as much from the other side, nor the middle push. I thought Jerry Tillery acquitted himself much better than I predicted. And I think the rotation of Greenard, Van Ginkel and Turner is going to be a murderer's row. Yes, I was very impressed with Van Ginkel...the talk about him during the entire offseason was pretty quiet, since he was rehabbing that injury.

But sloppy penalties on D...good thing it was not a close game...those penalties (so obvious and stupid) could have turned the game.

(09-09-2024, 07:29 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Yes, a bit of both. But good teams win the games they're supposed to. There are no cake walks in the NFL anymore and any time you can go on the road in a home opener with all the hype and fanfare and dominate you're doing something right.

100% this.  In the NFL, it's HARD to blow out a team regardless of how good/bad your opponent is.  Most games end up a one score difference.  Winning in blowout fashion on the road is even tougher.

Darnold played well, very efficient, got enough chunk plays in the passing game to let us keep running the ball.  Defense played REALLY well.

This is the recipe for how the Vikings will need to win games this year.  We'll see if Darnold can be this consistently good against tougher teams in the next month.