Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
these upcoming debates...
(09-11-2024, 07:22 PM)Zanary Wrote: Also...no search engine I used, and despite checking news at local and wider levels...

...the "Ohio pet consumption" stack of bulls**t can just be the latest reason that honest people want the orange era of the GOP done with.

Oh for fucks sake, it was a story that was out there and he ran with it, his team should have fact checked to the extent and veracity, but is anybody keeping score, Harris's claims were equally full of holes and half truths, the list of lies and fraulds the left has tried with and tied to Trump ( including legal issues ) is mind boggling.

Its a steaming pile of shit to choose from, but to sit and cry about one repeatedly while largely ignoring the same from the other is truly the definition of TDS.

( and now we get to hear a little negativity towards the opposing side so he can still claim to not favor a side, instead of touting the 3rd party candidates he supposedly supoorts year after year...)

Huh...yet, just a bit earlier, in this very thread:

"09-09-2024, 10:46 AM
Here's some guarantees:

Harris will try to claim the post-COVID return to work as a huge employment gain, as opposed to a lift on lockdowns.

Trump will continue to insist that this years were the "best" when statistically they weren't, and will ignore all facts/stats disproving his babble (as he always has).

What's interesting this time: Harris is supposedly working with speech coaches to be less of a vapid waste of space when speaking, whereas "the Donald" is reportedly determined to stay on petulant personal attacks even as his own staff beg him to focus on issues.

Look for tons of half-truths, lies by omission, and distorted accusations by all involved...."

I've stated directly, on this thread and others, that I've hated the orange liar messiah for decades, so you painting it otherwise...well, that's all about you. Pull the cap down, some tinfoil's shining through...!

If they're gonna make it a headline issue, it's kinda worth commenting on. Despite your BS towards me, I'd point out that I've given no credence and nothing but satire (if that) towards anything regarding Vance's "couch romance"...because that was stupid fluff.

Trump is CONSTANTLY dishonest, regardless if it's about his own words, what he claims about others, money, real estate, classified documents, international relations, the economy, and every fuggin' thing about January 6th. You're whining like a spoiled 4 year old brat about me mentioning a headline item, something mentioned in a presidential debate...which is behavior I've come to expect...while I'm pointing out that you and others keep defending/deflecting bigger and bigger stacks of lies of this assclown, year after year, like it's FINE that he's an ongoing slew of pure bulls**t.

My beefs with the dnc have been on this site for years, and I've been pretty clear that I have zero use for "heels up Harris", a literal political whore who horizontally got her legal career and managed to mismanage that to DEI her babbling self into range of the presidency. I've stated, many times, that she's junk on the border and even on stating a single lucid thought...but, she went into that debate more prepared than the Sunkist Savior and the scorekeepers are pointing out that very thing.

I don't have as many decades of her demanding to be on my TV to build similar hatred, so no...I don't despise her as much. I also can't hate her for destroying my former political party the way orange boi has cannibalized and gutted the GOP; her party is doing that all around her in its own way.

I hate Trumplestilskin more. Stated clearly.

Both main parties are still treason clubs, for people either pay zero attention to politics or who truly hate this country...positions I've held, and still hold, for years.

I won't be voting for either of those dumpster fires, and will wonder WTF is afflicting those who do.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

Photo 
So...how do we get a debate format that's fair in this hyperpoliticized world?  That nonsense on Tuesday certainly wasn't intended to be "fair" by any stretch of the imagination.  We've seen some instances of it in the past...Candy Crowley "correcting" Romney vs Obama...Donna Brazille feeding the questions to Hillary.

Real time fact checking one candidate only?  I'm not saying that Trump wasn't deserving of some of it..he says some stupid shit (so does she btw)...but there were several instances where they let...and even encouraged Kamala to lie. "Trump's 2025" plan to sign a nationwide ban on abortion, make IVF illegal, etc.  Trump has disavowed the Heritage piece which is the normal Think Tank stuff.  He's no more responsible for that than the Left wing think pieces that advocate for Reparations, Free Health Care, Defunding Police, Closing Prisons, Citizenship and voting rights for Illegal Immigrants, etc.  Trump even has government funding for IVF in his official platform..yet somehow will make it illegal?  Harris has been running commercials with much of this stuff here in WI so the ABC moderators knew it was coming.  She was also allowed to make the "Very fine people on both sides" claim about Trump that has even been debunked by left wing Snopes.  The ABC moderators just sat and let her make the point that Trump was a KKK enabler.  Also, "no Troops in combat areas thanks to her leadership".  Seriously?  We've moved two Carrier groups into the Gulf due to the Palestinian conflict.  We still have Troops in Somalia, Iraq, Korean border, etc.  We should have a small contingent of troops at Bagram AFB..but that's a debate for another day.  So how do we make something fair to all?  CSPAN and PBS, which should be the government funded centrists, are nothing but Democratic mouthpieces.  

The nature of the questions was very different for the two candidates as well.

Do we let the parties appoint people to a moderation panel to develop questions and moderate?  And while we're at it...as a third party guy...how do we get these candidates into the debates?  I'm betting most people haven't even heard of Chase Oliver, or Jill Stein, Cornell West or know much about RFK's platform. I don't have an answer but this is clearly not the way to go...unless you're trying to rig an election.

[Image: cartoon091224.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

(09-12-2024, 12:22 PM)badgervike Wrote: So...how do we get a debate format that's fair in this hyperpoliticized world?  That nonsense on Tuesday certainly wasn't intended to be "fair" by any stretch of the imagination.  We've seen some instances of it in the past...Candy Crowley "correcting" Romney vs Obama...Donna Brazille feeding the questions to Hillary.

Real time fact checking one candidate only?  I'm not saying that Trump wasn't deserving of some of it..he says some stupid shit (so does she btw)...but there were several instances where they let...and even encouraged Kamala to lie. "Trump's 2025" plan to sign a nationwide ban on abortion, make IVF illegal, etc.  Trump has disavowed the Heritage piece which is the normal Think Tank stuff.  He's no more responsible for that than the Left wing think pieces that advocate for Reparations, Free Health Care, Defunding Police, Closing Prisons, Citizenship and voting rights for Illegal Immigrants, etc.  Trump even has government funding for IVF in his official platform..yet somehow will make it illegal?  Harris has been running commercials with much of this stuff here in WI so the ABC moderators knew it was coming.  She was also allowed to make the "Very fine people on both sides" claim about Trump that has even been debunked by left wing Snopes.  The ABC moderators just sat and let her make the point that Trump was a KKK enabler.  Also, "no Troops in combat areas thanks to her leadership".  Seriously?  We've moved two Carrier groups into the Gulf due to the Palestinian conflict.  We still have Troops in Somalia, Iraq, Korean border, etc.  We should have a small contingent of troops at Bagram AFB..but that's a debate for another day.  So how do we make something fair to all?  CSPAN and PBS, which should be the government funded centrists, are nothing but Democratic mouthpieces.  

The nature of the questions was very different for the two candidates as well.

Do we let the parties appoint people to a moderation panel to develop questions and moderate?  And while we're at it...as a third party guy...how do we get these candidates into the debates?  I'm betting most people haven't even heard of Chase Oliver, or Jill Stein, Cornell West or know much about RFK's platform.  I don't have an answer but this is clearly not the way to go...unless you're trying to rig an election.

[Image: cartoon091224.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]

First...all elections are rigged, because the entrants have been limted to, and by, the two trash teams that are allowed to run the debates; this fairly defines "conflict of interest", but the country keeps enabling/empowering this horrid practice.

I'm familiar with the names you presented, and I've been one shouting for Gary Johnson and Jo Jorgensen in previous years...before the Libertarian Party had putin apologists and Russian flags at their rallies. After their "Rage Against the War" debacle, that party has fallen off a cliff...and I don't know who's going to be the successor. They had also become far too isolationist to attract mainstream America, which I tried to point out for years.

Neither candidate gave real answers at the debate, but they did display what we can expect going forward: she's being shoved, ASAFP, through the dnc finishing school so that she can make real sentences and push their see-sawing BS like a smiling news jackal...yes, the media loves those that look like their own. He was bellicose, vague, inaccurate, and I think had already pre-written his "rigged", "worst ever", "ABC least fair, and eats your golden retrievers" or whatever speech on the way there.

ABC was plain in their bias, but he keeps living down to expectations. I think he underestimates the shock he'd accomplish if he were an accurate, compassionate candidate for a change.

When he got shot, I expressed how much I hoped he'd push forward with the "UNITY" message he briefly put forward...because, if he did it and actually lived up to it, I'd find a way to apologize to/about him.

I'll never have to worry about that.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

I said to my wife when we were watching the debates, this is probably going to be the only one they'll do.

I got lucky and was right. Trump says he won't debate again according to reports. ...

I suspect they'll only be one VP debate too.