Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy Football
Tis' the season. How did everybody do in their fantasy drafts? I had a chance to grab Jefferson in both my leagues but opted for Jamar Chase and Breece Hall instead. Pained me to do. Otherwise I certainly am relying on a lot of rookies this year. Grabbed Caleb Williams in both leagues. I do have the Vikings defense and Reichert in one league. Overall I'm pretty happy with my teams and hoping for good luck on the injury front.

My draft is Wednesday.

Changing up my strategy this year. I'm in a salary cap league and I typically shoot for a mess of undervalued middle rounders. This year I'm switching to a studs and duds philosophy. Here's why: everyone in my league seems to know who the undervalued players are (Cooper Kupp, for example) and there's always a bidding war for these players, driving up the price of these players to the point where they're no longer a bargain. Want to avoid that this year.

So I'm targeting TWO top 8 WRs (Ceedee since the Cowboys will struggle to run the ball and Garrett Wilson are top choices, but really any two of the top 8) then Derrick Henry or Travis Etienne as RB1. Will fill out the roster with a bunch of high-upside, single-digit RBs and WRs. I'll go with one cheap QB like Cousins or Goff and pair him with a high-upside guy like Caleb or Daniels. I like Kyler Murray a lot this year too.

Other players I want to end up with include Dalton Kincaid, Jake Ferguson, Diontae Johnson and an Achane/Mostert combo if I can afford it. And no way I'm leaving the draft without Will "the Jackal" Reichard. I stream defenses, but I'll start with the Vikings defense just for fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

Jefferson was a keeper sadly so I couldn't get at him, but I reached for Aaron Jones, then got Hockenson (IR spot) and Addison later at values.

So I was happy about the draft. Don't love my team. I was on the turn and blinked and all the QBs were gone so I wound up with Goff. So not great there but maybe okay. Need two NY guys to step up- Nabers and Kincaid.

The fantasy world agrees, Justin....

Jefferson on Chase: “I hope he gets paid but I also hope he doesn’t let it get in the way of being on the field.”

(09-03-2024, 01:11 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: My draft is Wednesday.

Changing up my strategy this year. I'm in a salary cap league and I typically shoot for a mess of undervalued middle rounders. This year I'm switching to a studs and duds philosophy. Here's why: everyone in my league seems to know who the undervalued players are (Cooper Kupp, for example) and there's always a bidding war for these players, driving up the price of these players to the point where they're no longer a bargain. Want to avoid that this year.

So I'm targeting TWO top 8 WRs (Ceedee since the Cowboys will struggle to run the ball and Garrett Wilson are top choices, but really any two of the top 8) then Derrick Henry or Travis Etienne as RB1. Will fill out the roster with a bunch of high-upside, single-digit RBs and WRs. I'll go with one cheap QB like Cousins or Goff and pair him with a high-upside guy like Caleb or Daniels. I like Kyler Murray a lot this year too.

Other players I want to end up with include Dalton Kincaid, Jake Ferguson, Diontae Johnson and an Achane/Mostert combo if I can afford it. And no way I'm leaving the draft without Will "the Jackal" Reichard. I stream defenses, but I'll start with the Vikings defense just for fun.

I grabbed Kincaid in both my leagues. He could realistically be the statistical leader at TE this year. Lots of catches up for grabs in Buffalo with Diggs and Gabe Davis moving on.

Talk about unlikely....who had Isaiah Likely on their bingo card for highest scoring fantasy player in the Chiefs Ravens game?

(09-06-2024, 09:58 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Talk about unlikely....who had Isaiah Likely on their bingo card for highest scoring fantasy player in the Chiefs Ravens game?

Anyone stream defenses? Because wow...