Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wonder if R. Pearsall will play this season?
Glad he's ok, was released from the hospital today.

Dude was EXTREMELY LUCKY:

Erin Pearsall, his mother, wrote on Facebook that the bullet entered his chest and exited his back without hitting any vital organs. She shared the update on her Facebook page late Saturday night.

"Update on my baby boy," she started. "First and (foremost) I want to thank GOD for protecting my baby boy. He is extremely lucky, GOD shielded him. He was shot in the chest and it exited out his back. Thanks be to GOD it missed his vital organs.

He had some injuries before this that were plaguing him. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/49ers-ric...ed-robbery

(09-01-2024, 03:22 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Glad he's ok, was released from the hospital today.

Dude was EXTREMELY LUCKY:

Erin Pearsall, his mother, wrote on Facebook that the bullet entered his chest and exited his back without hitting any vital organs. She shared the update on her Facebook page late Saturday night.

"Update on my baby boy," she started. "First and (foremost) I want to thank GOD for protecting my baby boy. He is extremely lucky, GOD shielded him. He was shot in the chest and it exited out his back. Thanks be to GOD it missed his vital organs.

He had some injuries before this that were plaguing him. 

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/49ers-ric...ed-robbery

In terms of value, Pearsall was my favorite receiver in this year's draft. No idea how long he'll be out, but I doubt he misses the season. For a receiver, a gunshot wound to the chest is probably preferable to a hammy.

I've been in Union Square in downtown SF multiple times. It's not very big (one square city block in SF on what I would call a hillside). I was at an event at the Westin on the downhill side a decade or more ago, and saw community events there as well as just "it's a community park" attitude. While certainly not shocking in terms of getting caught in the crossfire, it is disheartening and discouraging on multiple levels. It sucks. Frankly, besides this being the end of Ricky Pearsall's rookie season, now it's not a matter of him playing football...it's a matter of rebuilding and recovering. Did I already say it sucks?

(09-01-2024, 05:28 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: I've been in Union Square in downtown SF multiple times.  It's not very big (one square city block in SF on what I would call a hillside).  I was at an event at the Westin on the downhill side a decade or more ago, and saw community events there as well as just "it's a community park" attitude.  While certainly not shocking in terms of getting caught in the crossfire, it is disheartening and discouraging on multiple levels.  It sucks.  Frankly, besides this being the end of Ricky Pearsall's rookie season, now it's not a matter of him playing football...it's a matter of rebuilding and recovering.  Did I already say it sucks?

San Francisco is worse than it was 10+ years ago when you went. Crime and homelessness are off the chart. Retail theft in Cali is a joke as they don't stop anyone from stealing in stores as long as its below $1000.....and criminals know this.

San Francisco 49ers rookie wide receiver Ricky Pearsall will miss at least four games after being put on the non-football injury list after getting shot in a robbery attempt on Saturday.

The team's decision to put Pearsall on the list came just 48 hours after the rookie's gunshot, meaning he won't play in the team's games against the New York Jets, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams and New England Patriots, and he would be eligible to return for the team’s fifth game against the Cardinals on Oct. 6.

Pearsall, who was drafted in the first round with the 31st overall pick by the 49ers back in April, sustained several injuries after being shot in the chest by a 17-year-old, who tried to steal Pearsall’s Rolex watch, according to San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott. Pearsall was released from the hospital on Sunday.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/49ers-ric...ry-attempt

I would imagine your instincts especially for a football player would be to fight back, but I think he would have been better off backing off and giving them what they wanted, a Rolex regardless of the value is not worth taking a risk with your life. I am sure that in the moment when your adrenaline is pumping it is hard to stay calm.

(09-03-2024, 05:50 PM)JR44 Wrote: I would imagine your instincts especially for a football player would be to fight back, but I think he would have been better off backing off and giving them what they wanted, a Rolex regardless of the value is not worth taking a risk with your life.  I am sure that in the moment when your adrenaline is pumping it is hard to stay calm.

I think I'd do the same if someone was waving a gun in my face because there's no guarantee in today's age that they won't shoot you anyways. Fight or flight. 

On San Francisco, I hadn't been in a decade and went to a concert at the Warfield a couple years ago. I won't ever go back for many of the same reasons discussed in the homeless thread. The stench of stale piss still burns my nostrils

Video 
Video of RP after the shooting.
https://twitter.com/ZakSNews/status/1830052702501683327

I was kinda of expecting this to be a bit more dramatic.  certainly wasnt expecting him to walk himself to the bus.