Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the Vikings hit on some drafted/UDFAs this year....
...fill some holes in a legit way that prove that come year's end, we could be in a great spot with 2025 cap space for adding more players. And if the Vikings end up drafting in the top 10, they should push hard to obtain CB Will Johnson. 6'2", 205 lbs and an almost generational talent. Tough guy with crazy athletic ability. Looks even bigger than his measurements and plays it. Extremely confident. IMO, zero percent bust chance. He's a lock down corner. 1st team All American last season. Also a good leader for the secondary.

I'm not a fan of drafting 1st round corners and I know most of us are VERY weary of that shit, but this kid is something else. if Minnesota wins more games than expected, they'll put themselves out of range of this kid and will have to go elsewhere, but it is what it is. Unfortunately, its going to be a glaring need come next offseason and cannot be ignored. You could think about Travis Hunter here, being a super athlete playing both sides of the ball, I suppose.

Definitely agree that corner should be the pick, especially when you consider we suddenly have an influx of youth (albeit sushi raw) at the DT position. 

But who that corner will be I have no idea. Seeing CJ Henderson get released reminded me of the 2020 CB class. Jeff Okudah went 3rd overall. Henderson at 9. Atlanta surprised everyone by reaching for my guy AJ Terrell at 16 (FSU where are you?). Then came Damon Arnette, Noah Igbino-something and Jeff Gladney. All 1st rounders, all massive busts but Terrell. 

IOW, long way to go....but right now I'd bet that both our top free agent purchase and top draft pick will be corners.

(08-29-2024, 08:31 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Definitely agree that corner should be the pick, especially when you consider we suddenly have an influx of youth (albeit sushi raw) at the DT position. 

But who that corner will be I have no idea. Seeing CJ Henderson get released reminded me of the 2020 CB class. Jeff Okudah went 3rd overall. Henderson at 9. Atlanta surprised everyone by reaching for my guy AJ Terrell at 16 (FSU where are you?). Then came Damon Arnette, Noah Igbino-something and Jeff Gladney. All 1st rounders, all massive busts but Terrell. 

IOW, long way to go....but right now I'd bet that both our top free agent purchase and top draft pick will be corners.

This corner group for the upcoming draft is deeper and more talented than the last couple drafts. Johnson, Travis Hunter, and Benjamin Morrison are all top 15 picks. This bodes well for the Vikings who once again need help at the position..
[-] The following 3 users Like supafreak84's post: