Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RB room looks mighty empty right now...
They are going to have to add some bodies.

I'll take one for the team. What's the vet minimum again? Do I need to make it past one play?

I wouldn't say empty, I really like both Jones and Chandler....even Ham. The #3 RB gets very little use....VERY little. There's obviously a strategy here and like you mention, they'll sign someone here soon. Its not a concern for me.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(08-28-2024, 08:51 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I wouldn't say empty, I really like both Jones and Chandler....even Ham. The #3 RB gets very little use....VERY little. There's obviously a strategy here and like you mention, they'll sign someone here soon. Its not a concern for me.

Yep. In each of KOC's two seasons the Vikings have ranked 28th in number of rushing attempts. The three years he was an OC  his teams ranked 24th, 7th and 31st in attempts. The year he actually ran the ball there wasn't one work horse Akers had 145 carries, Henderson 138 and Brown 101.

I have a feeling they may be waiting for practice squads to be full, before announcing a new RB signing, which they will then need to release a current player on the 53 who I am sure they will want to make sure they get on the PS. Gaskin has been added to the PS, but they are going to want 3 on the 53.

(08-28-2024, 10:39 AM)bigbone62 Wrote: Yep. In each of KOC's two seasons the Vikings have ranked 28th in number of rushing attempts. The three years he was an OC  his teams ranked 24th, 7th and 31st in attempts. The year he actually ran the ball there wasn't one work horse Akers had 145 carries, Henderson 138 and Brown 101.

Wonder if the ratio will swing toward more rush attempts now that we've swapped out Kirko for Sam.

(08-28-2024, 11:16 AM)Knucklehead Wrote: Wonder if the ratio will swing toward more rush attempts now that we've swapped out Kirko for Sam.

I would hope the GM/HC were smart enough to pick their bridge QB because he fit the system rather than make adjustments to the system to fit the bridge QB. That would be a disservice to the players who are going to be part of the offense moving forward in 2025. As an aside I believe the GM/HC are smart enough. Heck the offense didn't really change with the backup QBs who played last season. We still threw it around.

Kene got picked up by the Saints. Vikings made no waiver claims. Gaskin on the PS.

(08-28-2024, 10:58 AM)JR44 Wrote: I have a feeling they may be waiting for practice squads to be full, before announcing a new RB signing, which they will then need to release a current player on the 53 who I am sure they will want to make sure they get on the PS.  Gaskin has been added to the PS, but they are going to want 3 on the 53.

Can’t they elevate a PS player or two every week to the game day roster?  Not sure of the exact rules.