Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Risner to IR
He will be eligible to come back after 4 games, I per Adam Schefter.
This is a different application of the IR designation for the season, I think.

Good place to stash him. Might give us a longer look at Jurgens and/or Robinson
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(08-26-2024, 02:36 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: He will be eligible to come back after 4 games, I per Adam Schefter.
This is a different application of the IR designation for the season, I think.

The new rule this year is that you can assign up to 2 players to IR prior to the first game with to return designations.  Unlike the PUP designation, those 2 players have no fixed timetable they can/must return.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

Flexability - I like it!

(08-26-2024, 04:19 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Flexability - I like it!

Guessing TJ joins Risner and Gabe Murphy joins JJ being out for the year.  I think the Vikes aren’t liking what they’re seeing from Ingram for Risner not to just be cut.  I’m very surprised he wasn’t just let go.

(08-26-2024, 07:36 PM)Waterboy Wrote: Guessing TJ joins Risner and Gabe Murphy joins JJ being out for the year.  I think the Vikes aren’t liking what they’re seeing from Ingram for Risner not to just be cut.  I’m very surprised he wasn’t just let go.

Not understanding how the Vikes think they can add Risner, TJ, and Murphy to this list.  I'm wondering if Risner can still be cut?  I thought the limit was two.

Did Risner get hurt at camp, or was the injury known beforehand? Possibly why we were gunshy to bring him back?

Either way, hope he heals soon. He was solid enough last year.

New rule this season, teams can add 2 players at cutdown to IR designated for return. Hockenson to remain on PUP. All 3 are eligible to return after 4 games.