Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strib: The Vikings are going to suck this year
I think what gets lost sometimes with the local and national media is that Minnesota has talent on this roster. It will be an X-factor in them possibly doing better than 'expected'. Darnold will play a big role in that, one way or the other. Most are pushing their chips in on the side of 'same ol' Darnold'. But that's why they play the games. The Giants are a pretty good measuring stick right off the bat of what Minnesota's season might look like: a winnable game on the road. Not easy, road games never are, but certainly within reason to say winnable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

There are two reasons we aren't projected for 9-10 wins.
1. The QB spot.
2. The fact that there are four legit NFC North Teams 

We are judged slightly lower than our division rivals but the margin is actually quite slim and being in our division, we know a lot about what the Packers and Lions at least will bring to the table.  I think if Donald overperforms this whole division tightens up.  I can see us winning five or six, but I can easily see 10-11 as well.  We have a ton of talent.  It's a matter of staying healthy and wishing on Darnold.  We shall see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Waterboy's post:

I'm starting to get more bullish on our squad too as the year gets closer...

There is talent on both sides of the ball and the coaching is good too - most of the time.

Lets see how much (if) GB/DET live up to their post season win hype through 24.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

As Colin Cowherd said the Vikings will be the best 4th place team. I personally think of teams that suck are disfuncional, lack talent, poorly coached. I would say the Vikings are none of those things. If Flo can get the D ranked in the teens and Darnold can be serviceable the Vikings can has something positive to build on for next year.

When has the Strib ever been positive about any of the local professional teams? Maybe last season for the Wolves but that is about it. Most of their reporters would rather heap praise on the Packers than say something good about the Vikings.