Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like for this to mean something....
....but I'm not sure that it does. Pretty please?

"The #Vikings UDFA Taki Taimani was easily the highest overall PFF-graded defensive tackle among rookies in preseason. He had an 89.3 overall grade. The second-highest grade was 73.9."

It shows up on the screen. He consistently holds his gaps even on double teams.

Jurgens has shown out too. I see a lot of people saying we waive these 2 and get them to the PS.

Zero chance we waive Jurgens
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

(08-26-2024, 07:17 AM)Bullazin Wrote: It shows up on the screen. He consistently holds his gaps even on double teams.

Jurgens has shown out too. I see a lot of people saying we waive these 2 and get them to the PS.

Would love that with Taki. We need an immovable object inside at NT. I guess we'll know by end of tomorrow.

Jurgens has got a future in Minnesota. If they put him on the PS and he gets poached, I'm going to lose my shit. JMO, but Jurgens is going to be snapping the football to JJM for 10 years.

And what would the alternative be here? Put him on the PS? McGlothern would be poached in a nanosecond.

"He's definitely put himself in the conversation to be a part of this football team."

- #Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell on Dwight McGlothern

(08-26-2024, 07:17 AM)Bullazin Wrote: It shows up on the screen. He consistently holds his gaps even on double teams.

Jurgens didn't play very well in the preseason. And he was a 7th rounder. I'd be surprised if he made the 53.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I like Taimani. But his game is run-stuffing, he isn't going to provide any pass pressure. So that limits the upside and makes his ability to stick on the roster a question mark. But our interior D is not exactly stellar so... who knows. We'll know tomorrow I guess.

Also we should keep in mind that PFF grades are like beauty contest judgements. They don't necessarily reflect reality. They often differ wildly from how teams see a player, since the teams know so much more about what the player's assignments are, etc.

(08-26-2024, 07:55 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Jurgens didn't play very well in the preseason. And he was a 7th rounder. I'd be surprised if he made the 53.

Yup, he needs an entire offseason living in the weight room.

(08-26-2024, 07:55 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Jurgens didn't play very well in the preseason. And he was a 7th rounder. I'd be surprised if he made the 53.

Line peeps know better than I, but I made it a point to look at his snaps. I thought he was really good in the first game and solid in the last 2. He held up in pass pro and got off his doubles to the second level. I think he’s better than Bradbury already from a purely physical standpoint.

Yeah I'm a little confused: I thought Jurgens was doing well? Maybe not?

(08-26-2024, 12:51 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Yeah I'm a little confused: I thought Jurgens was doing well? Maybe not?

I thought Jurgens was a brand of hand lotion. We're both a little confused. Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like comet52's post:

I dug around a little finally. Guess Jurgy had a 10.8 PFF grade in pass pro against the browns. I sure didn’t see him getting killed that way. ( they gave him a studly 71 rating in the run game however).

I think just as you Sticky. I see Jurgens with a 10 year career as a starting IOL.