Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reichard = money
(08-29-2024, 01:32 PM)comet52 Wrote: A deeper analysis on why drafting kickers doesn't make sense.

https://sumersports.com/the-zone/need-a-...draft-one/

if there are 8 sandwiches on a table, one is PB&J the other 7 are dog shit, do you want first pick or you going to let a few others grab their sandwiches first then hope you get the good one? I am simply saying that at a position of need its not a waste of a pick if you genuinely feel that one is better than the others, maybe the league just needs to find a better metric for picking a quality kicker?
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(08-30-2024, 09:28 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: if there are 8 sandwiches on a table,  one is PB&J  the other 7 are dog shit, do you want first pick or you going to let a few others grab their sandwiches first then hope you get the good one?  I am simply saying that at a position of need its not a waste of a pick if you genuinely feel that one is better than the others,  maybe the league just needs to find a better metric for picking a quality kicker?

I feel like what this "Don't waste a draft pick on a kicker" thought process is missing is an analysis on what else you could do with the pick.  No one is spending a 6th round pick on a guy that they think is going to legit make a difference.  I just struggle with the idea that I'd rather have the 14th best CB and a UDFA kicker in the draft than getting to pick the best kicker in the draft and getting the 16th best CB as a UDFA.
[-] The following 3 users Like medaille's post:

New number

[Image: GWfcpyfWYAADGmx?format=jpg&name=small]