Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor Control - Derek Carr
Like Carr would be, this is a non-starter. We've basically got a full QB room as it is, the bobbleheads are just talking s*** again.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

I'm guessing at best, just due diligence while gaging the market. Is he available and cheap enough as a replacement for Mullens?

I don’t think this passes the smell test. This feels like something Carr’s agent would say to try and get him out of a bad situation and into a better situation or something the Saints would say to try and drum up some trade interest during a rebuild. This doesn't feel like something we would do.

In my mind, from a roster construction perspective, it doesn’t appear that we’re actively trying to win a SB this year. There’s no real evidence that Carr is a guy that can get you across the finish line. If we were going to get Carr, we should have just kept Cousins or got Carr before we got Darnold. The only possible reason this could make sense is if we got everyone in house, and said to ourself, “These guys are way better than we were anticipating when we acquired them and we need to seize the day because this roster can compete with the best of them”. Like this would have to be the Rams going after Stafford or something.

I don't expect to see the Vikings make a move to bring in a quarterback unless there's an injury to Darnold. It's just too complex of an offense for someone to just pick up off the street as we saw last year. We'll go in with Darnold, Mullens and Hall. Not ideal..

One name I have heard floated (once again) as a possibility if we did make a move at some point is Mac Jones

Who the hell is Scott Erickson?
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheWinterSKOLdier's post:

(08-15-2024, 03:06 PM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: Who the hell is Scott Erickson?

Won a World Series with Twins  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

Just say no!

(08-14-2024, 05:23 PM)Bullazin Wrote: Holy crap. Only if the saints are tanking, and he would cost our first next year.

I don’t see why or how we would do it, unless someone believes we can make the dance and Darnold is not the guy to get us there.

Second thought. I don’t see the saints tanking and they won’t win 4 games without Carr.

1.  It aint happening.
2.  We're especially not giving up a first

This is just a dumb rumor.  Darnold may well be the better QB of the two and has had plenty of time to get acclimated to the offense through training camp.