Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addison Carted off the practice field
(08-20-2024, 10:42 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: According to Wolfsen, Addisons ankle injury is "significant" and he is not expected to ready for at least a couple more weeks, putting his week 1 status as likely doubtful.

I personally never thought he'd play again before game 2 or 3. Time for Jalen Nailor to step up and shine, he's got the ability. Between him, Powell and Jackson, they can get the job done.

Vikes down their TE1, WR2 for Game 1. Secondary banged up a little and Gilmore just added. Sammy Darnold will have to ball. KOC and Flores are going to have to be on point to win against the Giants.

(08-20-2024, 10:42 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: According to Wolfsen, Addisons ankle injury is "significant" and he is not expected to ready for at least a couple more weeks, putting his week 1 status as likely doubtful.

Figured. Kept hearing high ankle sprain and 2.9 weeks, which didn't jive with me. High ankle sprains are typically about 4-6 weeks. I think he'll miss at least the first two weeks of the season. Not ideal, but this will be a great time for Jalen Nailor to show that he can be a WR2.

(08-20-2024, 11:04 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Figured. Kept hearing high ankle sprain and 2.9 weeks, which didn't jive with me. High ankle sprains are typically about 4-6 weeks. I think he'll miss at least the first two weeks of the season. Not ideal, but this will be a great time for Jalen Nailor to show that he can be a WR2.

They can't go into opening day with only 4 healthy WRs. I'm guessing that they carry 6 WRs on the initial roster:

Jets
Nailor
Powell
Jackson
Sherfield
Addison

We are in trouble at WR and TE right now. My biggest worry. KOC slings the rock but he better lean on Aaron Jones hard the first few games
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post:

Didn't Davante Adams have a high ankle sprain one year with Rodgers in Green Bay? And it basically derailed his whole season? Last year it happened to Austin Ekeler I know. I don't feel great about this one for JA. Sucks because he's one of the most exciting players on the team.

Wonder if they could be potentially downplaying the extent of the injury just in case there is a chance they suspend him now and it does not become a factor of them then delaying the suspension until he is healthy enough to play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

(08-20-2024, 01:57 PM)JR44 Wrote: Wonder if they could be potentially downplaying the extent of the injury just in case there is a chance they suspend him now and it does not become a factor of them then delaying the suspension until he is healthy enough to play.

I think the suspensions are announced the week prior to the season starting, but after the final cut down, JA will make the final roster so unless they are going to put him onto the IR out of camp, his suspension and time missed for injury should overlap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post: