Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO to Dog Latavious Murray
But I see nothing form him that indicates he is the dynamic playmaker that Cook is.   Murray just kind of seems like a tall guy without much exciting to his running game.  I hope I'm wrong, because they'd be a nice 1-2 combo.

Imagine if we had not drafted Cook and just banked on Murray?  Even with the better blockers and scheme, not sure we'd be more than a 3-3.5 yard per carry team with Murray

My brother is a Raiders fan, and he this is the scouting report he gave me (copied and pasted from his text to me):

"He is slightly above average. Good blocker, good pass catcher, but for a dude his size, he goes down way too easy. Gets arm tackled alot."

Thank Heavens Rick traded up to get DC!

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
But I see nothing form him that indicates he is the dynamic playmaker that Cook is.   Murray just kind of seems like a tall guy without much exciting to his running game.  I hope I'm wrong, because they'd be a nice 1-2 combo.

Imagine if we had not drafted Cook and just banked on Murray?  Even with the better blockers and scheme, not sure we'd be more than a 3-3.5 yard per carry team with Murray
God bless the front office for landing Dalvin...That said, its a long season and they're going to need Latavius...Depth at RB is a good thing...

I got a lot more beef with Treadwell than I do Murray. 

Cook has established himself as the feature back, but I do worry about the number of touches he's getting and we should work the other backs in more. I'd like to see what Murray can do, especially in short yardage and goal line situations, and while I'm frustrated with McKinnon, he's not bad for obvious passing situations and I'd like to see them split him out at WR a little. Just tough to give the other guys the rock when Cook is playing at such a high level. I do agree that going into the season with just Murray and McKinnon would have been a mistake.

He's got 7 carries so far...I'd like a bigger sample size before we dismiss him...