Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SI.com's Breer: Vikings setting up both Darnold, McCarthy for success
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Wow, great read. Hearing KOC talk about the nuances of QB play gives me a lot of encouragement that whatever decision he makes it will be the right one.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I think the elephant in the room here, honestly, is KOC. He is the right Head Coach at the right time in Vikings franchise history. Both Darnold and JJM are different he recognizes that, and he is bringing them along differently.

Sorry, but I cannot see Zimmer having the same coaching ability of young QBs.
[-] The following 6 users Like Montana Tom's post:

Daniel Jeremiah
@MoveTheSticks
"JJ McCarthy-Live arm, tough & athletic. He's learning what he can/can't get away with as passer. All good signs. Impressive debut."
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

Glad to read how the Justin Jefferson deal created headaches for 49'ers/Aiyuk and Dallas/Lamb...

Breer's take certainly cements in my mind how JJ is in good hands. Not just with KOC but with the surround the org put into place as a whole (i.e. McCown etc.)

It took a lot of foresight by that staff to determine a structure that grows Darnold and JJM.

Will it work? Only time will tell.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

Excellent read, thanks Stickier. It's apparent in this article that both Sam and JJ are fortunate to have KOC and his staff working with them. Future looks bright from where I am sitting.
[-] The following 2 users Like 1VikesFan's post:

(08-12-2024, 08:56 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: I think the elephant in the room here, honestly, is KOC.  He is the right Head Coach at the right time in Vikings franchise history.  Both Darnold and JJM are different he recognizes that, and he is bringing them along differently.

Sorry, but I cannot see Zimmer having the same coaching ability of young QBs.

Absolutely right: Zimmer was defense first, and he liked grinding offenses with clock control. KOC was happy to inherit Cousins, but now has a rookie deal QB of the future and a potential steal in Darnold for less money...while Kirko is getting paid in Atlanta. In theory, everybody won, and there should be no hard feelings.

I keep feeling kinda bad for Darnold, in that the sports media almost forgets him and that'll get MUCH worse after last Saturday...but in his one drive, he showed poise, athleticism, touch on his passes, and every single thing we could have hoped for.

Granted, then JJM came out, had the ugly pick, but followed up with two TDs and plays that will be on highlight reels all week...so, he looks like he's on a great path.

Zimmer couldn't have done the same.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

Breer just articulated why (according to JJM) all 6 of the Qb's had MN as their #1 team to go to.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
#Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell speaking HIGHLY of QB J.J. McCarthy

"[J.J. McCarthy’s] authentically himself every day and he works his tail off… I can't say enough about adding a guy like J.J. McCarthy into our building especially at the QB position.”

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1823045858683719778
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: