Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas Turner
https://www.instagram.com/dlinevids/reel/C-gl5vIyte-/

The ol' Dip and Rip. That's what the really good ones can do. And this is against Andrus Peat, no slouch. Turner might be the real deal.

He IS the real deal. You couldn't have asked for a better start to preseason for both our first round picks.

BOOM
[-] The following 4 users Like MAD GAINZ's post:

I didnt watch him every play, but it seemed that after that sack he was pushed up field and around the QB quite often, was watching for him to show some kind of inside move to counter their setting up deeper on him but didnt see it. Will be a monster in the coming years, would also like to see him on a stunt and see how IOL can handle his speed.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(08-11-2024, 08:22 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: I didnt watch him every play,  but it seemed that after that sack he was pushed up field and around the QB quite often,  was watching for him to show some kind of inside move to counter their setting up deeper on him but didnt see it.  Will be a monster in the coming years,  would also like to see him on a stunt and see how IOL can handle his speed.

After the couple early pressures and the sack, the Raiders gave some TE help (I saw him being blocked by both Mayer and Bowers on one play). He had a couple nice spin moves that were negated by him spinning back into the wash of his own player or the quarterback just getting the ball out quickly. The thing that stood out to me with his college tape was his bend, like what we saw on the sack, and his ability to covert speed into power. He has a lot of similar traits to Von Miller in that regard..
[-] The following 5 users Like supafreak84's post:

(08-11-2024, 08:35 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: After the couple early pressures and the sack, the Raiders gave some TE help (I saw him being blocked by both Mayer and Bowers on one play). He had a couple nice spin moves that were negated by him spinning back into the wash of his own player or the quarterback just getting the ball out quickly. The thing that stood out to me with his college tape was his bend, like what we saw on the sack, and his ability to covert speed into power. He has a lot of similar traits to Von Miller in that regard..

That was the major comparo when he was drafted...

He looked like a rook out there at times, but I was prepared for that. He's got all the traits to be a really good edge. 

I agree with @Jimmy, once he learns some counter moves? Start moving him along the line? He's going to be a tough match-up. 

I will go so far as to say he will be our best D player by end of year 1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(08-11-2024, 09:49 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: That was the major comparo when he was drafted...

He looked like a rook out there at times, but I was prepared for that. He's got all the traits to be a really good edge. 

I agree with @Jimmy, once he learns some counter moves? Start moving him along the line? He's going to be a tough match-up. 

I will go so far as to say he will be our best D player by end of year 1.

The exciting thing to me is that we showed nothing. We rarely blitzed, rarely stunted and disguised very little. That's like pulling the fangs off a tiger. All that stuff is what makes a Flores defense a Flores defense. 

When we start mixing all that back in, Turner is going to be a huge weapon for us.
[-] The following 4 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Dallas Turner sees need to bulk up

Rookie first-round pick Dallas Turner spent his first third down with the Vikings being held by 10-year veteran left tackle Andrus Peat in Saturday’s 24-23 preseason victory over the Raiders at U.S. Bank Stadium.

“A lot of my vets told me how holding was going to be worse in the NFL than college,” Turner said. “They were right.”

Turner spent his second third down dipping his left shoulder underneath Peat’s reach and notching a 10-yard sack on third-and-goal from the 3-yard line.

“He couldn’t get that low,” Turner said of his best snap of any kind since joining the Vikings.

Turner is listed at 247 and looks lighter. “My weight fluctuates ever since high school,” he said. “I went from 260 to 225 one year. I’ll definitely be adding pounds before next year.”

He doesn’t think setting the edge in the run game will be a problem because of how he was taught the game at Alabama. 

He might be wrong at his current weight. On one play Saturday, former Vikings running back Alexander Mattison had an easy 7-yard run to Turner’s side after a 205-pound receiver, DJ Turner, drove the Vikings rookie 5 yards inside.

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vi.../601057516

(08-11-2024, 07:43 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Dallas Turner sees need to bulk up

Rookie first-round pick Dallas Turner spent his first third down with the Vikings being held by 10-year veteran left tackle Andrus Peat in Saturday’s 24-23 preseason victory over the Raiders at U.S. Bank Stadium.

“A lot of my vets told me how holding was going to be worse in the NFL than college,” Turner said. “They were right.”

Turner spent his second third down dipping his left shoulder underneath Peat’s reach and notching a 10-yard sack on third-and-goal from the 3-yard line.

“He couldn’t get that low,” Turner said of his best snap of any kind since joining the Vikings.

Turner is listed at 247 and looks lighter. “My weight fluctuates ever since high school,” he said. “I went from 260 to 225 one year. I’ll definitely be adding pounds before next year.”

He doesn’t think setting the edge in the run game will be a problem because of how he was taught the game at Alabama. 

He might be wrong at his current weight. On one play Saturday, former Vikings running back Alexander Mattison had an easy 7-yard run to Turner’s side after a 205-pound receiver, DJ Turner, drove the Vikings rookie 5 yards inside.

https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vi.../601057516

Interesting about his weight. The coaches must be on him about it if he’s being so open with the media already, regarding bulking up. Hopefully he can add mass and really do some damage for us.

I thought he looked awesome yesterday overall.

(08-11-2024, 08:14 PM)pattersaur Wrote: Interesting about his weight. The coaches must be on him about it if he’s being so open with the media already, regarding bulking up. Hopefully he can add mass and really do some damage for us.

I thought he looked awesome yesterday overall.

He was pudgy when he first got to Alabama, coaches got on him to lose weight and then he started playing.

Parsons is listed as playing @ 245...I think thats a bit lite in the trunk myself.