Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So......
(08-11-2024, 02:52 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: I hear you....and don't necessarily disagree. But here's the fundamental difference: Aaron Rodgers: California. Patrick Mahomes: Texas Tech. Steve McNair: Alcorn State. You see where I'm going? Small time programs and no forge by the fire. They need time. JJ McCarthy? Michigan national champs: played Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, Alabama and Washington, beat them all and were national champions. JJM needs time.....but maybe not as much time as planned for. He's WAY more physically talented as a passer than any Michigan QB in decades. He was a 5 star QB in high school. Michigan doesn't get those at QB. Ohio State pissed off JJM and he went to Michigan. JJM had committed to Ohio State, they promised not to recruit another QB and they did with Kyle McCord. JJ said you are dead to me and I will bury you. And he did.

I want the Vikings to be cautious as well. And they will be. But if you think KOC isn't losing his shit behind closed doors over McCarthy right now, I'd say that's inaccurate. If he's not the starter by the beginning of November, I'll be shocked. And he'll be ready. His accuracy and pocket presence has blown me away. I didn't expect that yet.

I think we just need to take a breath here. Just like you and others, I'm over the moon with how McCarthy played on Saturday. It's looking more and more like we have our QB for the next decade. And that's enough for me right now. 

I still want us to be careful with him and make sure he's fully developed before throwing him to the wolves. See, this is how it starts. A handful of seductive preseason performances and everyone's brain gets sucked out. This is how the hands get dirty to begin with. 

I don't want to post all of them here because I don't want to kill everyone's buzz, but I started to look into a few preseason performances by QBs who've failed in the past. It's a depressing exersize and it makes you wonder WTF happened. Here's one...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/4...ncos-bears

(08-12-2024, 07:47 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I think we just need to take a breath here. Just like you and others, I'm over the moon with how McCarthy played on Saturday. It's looking more and more like we have our QB for the next decade. And that's enough for me right now. 

I still want us to be careful with him and make sure he's fully developed before throwing him to the wolves. See, this is how it starts. A handful of seductive preseason performances and everyone's brain gets sucked out. This is how the hands get dirty to begin with. 

I don't want to post all of them here because I don't want to kill everyone's buzz, but I started to look into a few preseason performances by QBs who've failed in the past. It's a depressing exersize and it makes you wonder WTF happened. Here's one...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/4...ncos-bears

No doubt you make complete sense here. Completely logical. Its just one game and I expect him to have some rough patches this week in practices against Cleveland and then in the game. Would probably be for the best to learn from.

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1822980556864299502

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
#Vikings rookie QB J.J. McCarthy “will likely take more snaps with the No. 1 unit this week and in the coming weeks”, per @Alec_Lewis

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
According to
@AlbertBreer
, #Raiders coaches and players thought #Vikings QB J.J. McCarthy “played really well against them” last Saturday.
Specifically, “his athleticism and decisiveness stood out.”
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Not that it's worth a shot of pickle juice, but I'm not sure how CBS and others could possibly put JJ below Williams and Nix. Nix threw nothing but 4 yarders...and did it with the 1st team offense. Same with Williams. Both played with their 1st team offenses. Williams didn't do anything bad, but he didn't really do anything particularly good either. McCarthy played with 2nd teamers, threw two gorgeous TD passes and showed really nice movement and decisiveness in the pocket. I think idiots on deadline just see the INT and ignore the context. 

At least PFN gets it right. 

[Image: GUzsmcwWsAAJ1oW?format=jpg&name=large]

My perfect dream is we win with Sam enough to make the dance and JJ sits all year. I trust Oconnel to make the right decision. If Sam is losing and the defense is playing well enough to win NFL games, it could be JJ time mid season IF we are still in it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bullazin's post: