Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2025 Vikings Roster
So I sketched up a potential 2025 depth chart to see what it might look like and it looks very promising with the exception of two areas. 

DL
We have no starters coming back on our DL. Phillips is in the final year of his contract. Tillery and Bullard are both on 1-year deals. It's a good year for DTs in the draft, but there's nothing in free agency (making the Wilkins miss sting even more). Depending on how he does, I think we have to extend Phillips at some point later this season and hope that LDR and Roy come on strong. 

CB
Oh my...it's even worse. Murphy is in the final year of his contract. Griffin signed a 1-year deal. Jackson passed away and Blackmon will be recovering from an ACL. I wanted to draft a DT #1, but I think we're better off extending Phillips and using both our top free agent target and our 1st round draft pick on CBs. We may also consider extending Murphy and/or Griffin. 

We also need to replace Aaron Jones and draft Bradbury's 2026 replacement. 

FA1 - CB (Tyson Campbell was the prize here, but he just re-upped with the Jags)
FA2 - DL (BJ Hill maybe. Kinlaw's free, but he's been terrible)
D1 - CB (Travis Hunter?)
D3 (comp) - C
D5 - RB
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

Man, as early as it is I'd love to see a combination of AJ Terrell in FA and Deone Walker in the draft.
The artist formerly known as PurpleCrush.

(08-10-2024, 10:50 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: So I sketched up a potential 2025 depth chart to see what it might look like and it looks very promising with the exception of two areas. 

DL
We have no starters coming back on our DL. Phillips is in the final year of his contract. Tillery and Bullard are both on 1-year deals. It's a good year for DTs in the draft, but there's nothing in free agency (making the Wilkins miss sting even more). Depending on how he does, I think we have to extend Phillips at some point later this season and hope that LDR and Roy come on strong. 

CB
Oh my...it's even worse. Murphy is in the final year of his contract. Griffin signed a 1-year deal. Jackson passed away and Blackmon will be recovering from an ACL. I wanted to draft a DT #1, but I think we're better off extending Phillips and using both our top free agent target and our 1st round draft pick on CBs. We may also consider extending Murphy and/or Griffin. 

We also need to replace Aaron Jones and draft Bradbury's 2026 replacement. 

FA1 - CB (Tyson Campbell was the prize here, but he just re-upped with the Jags)
FA2 - DL (BJ Hill maybe. Kinlaw's free, but he's been terrible)
D1 - CB (Travis Hunter?)
D3 (comp) - C
D5 - RB

I am against anything that has to to with Deion Sanders so I’ll pass on Hunter
[-] The following 1 user Likes mblack's post:

(08-10-2024, 11:04 AM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: Man, as early as it is I'd love to see a combination of AJ Terrell in FA and Deone Walker in the draft.

I was a huge Terrell fan in the 2020 draft, but I doubt Atlanta lets him get away. Walker is a monster.

DL and CB are definitely are two biggest weak spots. We really need some draft picks and UDFAs to surprise here and provide us something to build on going into next year, both positions need to be rebuilt.

I still want Mason Graham… Exclamation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post: