Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRer Jeshaun Jones
Apparently, this kid is having a great camp. Good route runner, nice hands. Slot guy, I think....separates well from that position. Ran a 4.48 I believe his senior year. 

Might push for the last roster spot for the WRers, depending how many they keep. Practice squad lock probably. 24 years old, played 6 years of college ball somehow?

One thing to consider when thinking about bottom of the roster guys is how will the kick off changes affect the special teams make-up?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JimmyinSD's post:

(08-07-2024, 07:03 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: One thing to consider when thinking about bottom of the roster guys is how will the kick off changes affect the special teams make-up?

Punting coverage will probably be more important?

(08-07-2024, 05:57 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Apparently, this kid is having a great camp. Good route runner, nice hands. Slot guy, I think....separates well from that position. Ran a 4.48 I believe his senior year. 

Might push for the last roster spot for the WRers, depending how many they keep. Practice squad lock probably. 24 years old, played 6 years of college ball somehow?

Interesting. Is he an UDFA? I know nothing about him but that'd be wild if he made the team as WR5.

The other guy who seems to be showing out in training camp is Theo Jackson. He's been on the team for a couple seasons but has barely played. Sounds like he's having a great camp and might be a good utility man for the secondary/Metellus spot this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like pattersaur's post:

He was highly pursued by Vikes as a UDFA, they gave him one of the highest UDFA guaranteed deals at 235k, which is what Pace got last year, consider McGlothern who could make the team got 30k.
[-] The following 2 users Like JR44's post:

(08-07-2024, 08:40 AM)JR44 Wrote: He was highly pursued by Vikes as a UDFA, they gave him one of the highest UDFA guaranteed deals at 235k, which is what Pace got last year, consider McGlothern who could make the team got 30k.

That's right, thanks for the reminder.

I sure wish this team could hit on a few late round and undrafted OLs, DLs and CBs the way we seem to on WRs.

(08-07-2024, 08:04 AM)pattersaur Wrote: Interesting. Is he an UDFA? I know nothing about him but that'd be wild if he made the team as WR5.

The other guy who seems to be showing out in training camp is Theo Jackson. He's been on the team for a couple seasons but has barely played. Sounds like he's having a great camp and might be a good utility man for the secondary/Metellus spot this year.

VikingzFanPage@vikingzfanpage
#Vikings S Theo Jackson is having “one of, if not the best camp” performance on the entire team, according to@jzulgad

“He’s everywhere, he’s been outstanding. This guy on a lot of teams would flat out start.”
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(08-07-2024, 10:13 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I sure wish this team could hit on a few late round and undrafted OLs, DLs and CBs the way we seem to on WRs.

I sure whish the team could hit on a few 1st round CBs....dare to dream about a late rounder.
[-] The following 1 user Likes badgervike's post:

(08-07-2024, 10:56 AM)badgervike Wrote: I sure whish the team could hit on a few 1st round CBs....dare to dream about a late rounder.

It's precisely because we can't seem to hit on 1st round CBs that we need to get lucky every now and then in the late rounds. 

Makes me wonder how scouting staffs are structured. I think by region, but if they're divided by position, we need to take a long look at who's been in charge of the corners.

I know the DC has a lot to say about it, and we seemed to maybe turn a corner when Flores took over (Blackmon and Jackson) before we got hit with the terrible news about those guys. 

Bottom line is...if the Vikings want to contend in 2025 we're going to need to add at least one top-level corner to that group between now and then.