Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still waiting for word on Addison

So far he seems to be working hard in camp. Hopefully he is smart enough to learn his lesson. Two incidents seems to be a trend instead of a screw up. So it leaves me a bit skeptical!

It's the policy of the league to allow the legal process to play out before administering punishment, if any. Addison doesn't have his first court date until Oct. My guess is depending on how the process plays out, Addison will be suspended for the first 3 games of the 2025 season.

I just mean as far as consequences because that is a consideration. Hopefully he has learned from this

He definitely will have a multi-game suspension, but it won't happen until after his October 7th court date, per sources.

I know this kid attended USC, but maybe someone can help him download the Uber app…  Cool Angel
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(08-06-2024, 11:05 AM)Knucklehead Wrote: It's the policy of the league to allow the legal process to play out before administering punishment, if any. Addison doesn't have his first court date until Oct. My guess is depending on how the process plays out, Addison will be suspended for the first 3 games of the 2025 season.

Yep. I imagine his lawyer can easily get his court date delayed a few times so this doesn't get resolved until after the season... Unless Addison and the Vikings think serving the suspension now and getting past this sooner rather than later is a better move. I could see that POV as well. But typically, these things get strung out as long as possible.

I have to hope that the kid's having a triple-decker guilt sandwich right now, and that at least a half-dozen teammates and others close to him have pointed out the relationship between his apparent driving habits and his deceased teammate. It may take a big helping of "it coulda been me" to get through his skull.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

His first court date is the day after the London Jets game.