Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darnold and pre-season games...
How much time do you think he'll get? If any?

I think KOC gives him a couple of series in all but the last game.  I dont think he cannot play in any of them.

Its going to be interesting. He needs time in these games, he's learning a new offense. KOC is trying to win games. But you don't want him injured, that would be a nightmare for JJM's development.

It seemed like they sat to many starters in preseason last year. Then the first 4 weeks of the season looked like preseason. Turnovers, penalties, dropped balls (TJ Hoc comes to mind) then the team figured it out... then Kirk blew a tire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Still Hurtn's post:

(07-30-2024, 09:58 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: How much time do you think he'll get? If any?

I think KOC gives him a couple of series in all but the last game.  I dont think he cannot play in any of them.

Yeah, I think he plays a lot. He's new to the offense and has a lot to learn. I keep going back to that comment that Kirk made about not feeling fully comfortable his first year in the offense until about week 8.

(07-30-2024, 11:06 AM)Still Hurtn Wrote: It seemed like they sat to many starters in preseason last year. Then the first 4 weeks of the season looked like preseason. Turnovers, penalties, dropped balls (TJ Hoc comes to mind) then the team figured it out... then Kirk blew a tire.

This was my analysis as well from last season.  Starters seemed rusty, out of sync to start the season.

I am going to hypothesize that Darnold plays a quarter in the first pre-season game, and then two or perhaps just one series in the last two games.  But he's got to see some full-contact play (instead of these "underwear olympics" TC practices) before the season opens.  I'd personally like to see him operate under pressure and make my own evaluation (as if KOC was going to call me and ask my opinion LOL)
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

I guess it depends, to me, on how close JJM is to starting. If JJM is sitting for the full year, I think Darnold should play a lot, like close to a half in each game. If JJM is probably coming in week 6 or something and Darnold is just a place holder, give JJM a little more time. Like to be honest, all of our QBs could really use more seasoning. I don’t think you really worry too much about Darnold getting injured. We’re not really trying to win with Darnold, he’s mostly a guy that can start, while JJM gets developed the right way. If Mullens has to come in, that’s not changing our season outcome that much, and if we get a better draft pick in this transition year, that’s also not the end of the world.

Doesn't matter. Darnold will be riding pine by mid-October and it will qbotf time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

I don't see Darnold anywhere like Cousins, in which he is a guy we know what we have and there is no reason to put him at risk to injury. He is no where a proven starting QB, we do not know at what level he is going to perform or if he is capable of being a legit starter for the team. He needs work, he needs to show he is capable of leading team and it would not be anywhere near the impact of someone like Cousins getting hurt. Personally, I would rather go with JJ, but even if something happened to Darnold and they did not want to rush JJ, they could always go with Mullens and I do not think there would be a huge drop from Darnold, like you saw last year from losing Cousins.