Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
More McCarthy love.....
(5 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
·
11h
For the second straight day, #Vikings rookie QB J.J. McCarthy has outperformed veteran QB Sam Darnold and looked “more impressive of the two”, per
@WillRagatz
?

I love hearing McCarthy is doing well. Inject that shit right into my veins. But it also makes me nervous. This is how it starts. At some point, Darnold will have a day like yesterday and the JJ chants will start. Despite the fact that it took Cousins 6 months before he fully grasped this offense, fans are going to believe JJ's ready to run it now because of some good throws in training camp. 

I don't THINK O'Connell will be stupid enough to listen to them, but he's got to be patient, like the Chiefs were with Mahomes, like the Packers were with Love.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(3 hours ago)MaroonBells Wrote: I love hearing McCarthy is doing well. Inject that shit right into my veins. But it also makes me nervous. This is how it starts. At some point, Darnold will have a day like yesterday and the JJ chants will start. Despite the fact that it took Cousins 6 months before he fully grasped this offense, fans are going to believe JJ's ready to run it now because of some good throws in training camp. 

I don't THINK O'Connell will be stupid enough to listen to them, but he's got to be patient, like the Chiefs were with Mahomes, like the Packers were with Love.

Makes me a bit nervous, too. Please, please do not shit the bed too early or hard, Sam. JJM is coming....its inevitable. Its what he's always done. But not before Week 9 or 10. Preferably longer.

(3 hours ago)StickierBuns Wrote: Makes me a bit nervous, too. Please, please do not shit the bed too early or hard, Sam. JJM is coming....its inevitable. Its what he's always done. But not before Week 9 or 10. Preferably longer.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
Speaking with the media on Friday via
@jzulgad
, #Vikings OC Wes Philips said  rookie QB J.J. McCarthy has come “a really long way” in the months since the Vikings drafted him and that the mechanical adjustments are becoming second nature.

And earlier this week I read where Darnold has been impressive from the get go. His team-mates seem to be very happy to have him on board this season. So there is crap getting tossed at the wall every day.

This is just a practice week - wait till the drums start banging after a pre-season game lol!

Its all good...Me thinks KOC is going to steward the QB ship well this season.

(1 hour ago)purplefaithful Wrote: And earlier this week I read where Darnold has been impressive from the get go. His team-mates seem to be very happy to have him on board this season. So there is crap getting tossed at the wall every day.

This is just a practice week - wait till the drums start banging after a pre-season game lol!

Its all good...Me thinks KOC is going to steward the QB ship well this season.

Training camp reports can be biased...  but from reading multiple accounts, Darnold has been very impressive with his deep throws every day of training camp so far, but he's been inconsistent on the intermediate and shorter routes.  I would expect some of that is learning a new offense and getting timing down with a bunch of new receivers.  

It's not a concern until it is...  that said, I think Darnold will play solid this season.  KOC seems to get the best out of his QBs and Darnold has the arm to make the money throws that makes KOCs offense go.

How can Darnold be worse than QBs from last season? Mullens played in about 4 or 5 games and threw about 8 or 9 picks and we still barley lost most of those games. Hall and Dobbs played but with not much practice and still won a couple. With a full training camp with KOC and taking most of the starting reps I seriously doubt he can be worse or much less even to the play we witnessed last season.
I assure you, there is hope for this season, don't write it off yet.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
#Vikings rookie QB J.J. McCarthy is coming for that QB1 spot. He’s hungry for more ?

Per J.J. McCarthy via
@SeifertESPN
, he wants to go “against the 1s” and hit “some deep balls down the field on them to piss them off a little bit”.