Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charley Bonkers is at it again
I read the whole article and by "next season" he does indeed mean 2024. Once again, Walters is full of shit. We're not going to have a verdict on McCarthy by then. Not even close. Teams just don't operate this way, least of all the Wilves. 

The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
According to@Charley_Walters

If neither 1st-round picks QB J.J. McCarthy or OLB Dallas Turner turn out to be productive next season, major front office changes would be expected in 2025 ?

Of course, but that doesn't matter anymore. All of these fringe sites like Heavy.com will grab this garbage, post it and watch the clicks fly in. Walters is 77 years old and about as dialed into Minnesota sports as a stump. With Musk changing Twitter (X) and the algorithms so much now, my feed has gotten to be a freak show. I believe he still works for the Pioneer Press, but he must be making next to nothing because newspapers mostly have gotten rid of their higher paid, long tenured employees by now as the industry:

https://apnews.com/article/local-newspap...44dd840c1b

AI or kids with little sports media experience now write 'articles' for websites, etc. Sports Illustrated got busted earlier this year as they fired 90% of their sports online staff and had AI just doing it, pretending to be real people:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/27/media/spo...index.html

Charley is looking to get clicks and views and this kind of stuff seems to work to some extent.

Walters has never had a realistic take on the local sports teams...I think its just once a week now.

It was the same with this guy when he was 57, 67 or 77....

Here is Shooters "best take" from his latest column:

>> That was McCarthy dining on chicken wings at Kyndred Hearth in Eagan the other day.

In a league where the average GM/Coach lasts what 4-5 years....you're telling me that the GM of a team who (assumed) under preformed lasted 4-5 years? Talk about real journalism.

I think that it's more likely that both KOC & Kwesi are extended in the near future, possibly before the season kicks off. The Wilfs have been around the game long enough to know that young QBs need time to develop. It doesn't make sense to draft a QB in the first round & then bring in a new regime who most likely will want to start over with their own guy.

(07-01-2024, 08:00 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I read the whole article and by "next season" he does indeed mean 2024. Once again, Walters is full of shit. We're not going to have a verdict on McCarthy by then. Not even close. Teams just don't operate this way, least of all the Wilves. 

The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
According to@Charley_Walters

If neither 1st-round picks QB J.J. McCarthy or OLB Dallas Turner turn out to be productive next season, major front office changes would be expected in 2025 ?

I agree.  This is so much BS that flies against everything that KOC and Kwesi have stated publicly (amidst all the speculation that their first, first-rounder might not even play a snap this season).  All of the precedents point to a first-round QB that is rushed into starting, is too often a failure.  And those that sit for one, two or even three years (you can all name names, I don't need to), are most often successful. 

I'm good to watch Darnold resurrect his career with one good season (and if he's so damn good, I'm fine with a second or even a third...if he takes us deep in the playoffs, as we know Kirko never did).  JJM sitting one or two years (or even three), Darnold has his career path in his grasp...with the best offense he's ever commanded, and a pretty solid BFlo defense (we hope).  He'll succeed or fail, or be a "meh".

I am of the opinion that it is going to be good theatre to watch.  Nobody knows if we should be truly optimistic or depressed and fatalistic.  I'll probably watch every single play and be judgmental as hell.  You will too, I bet.  So I'm in all season, good or bad.  Worst case scenario, we're set up for 2025 with our first rounder from 24 having collected pine splinters for a year and absorbing KOCs offense, powered by a whopping big amount of cap space for 2025.

In a year of "will this be the year?", I think most are of the opinion that the table is being set for the future.  And that future, given the pieces that ownership and management have orchestrated to put in place, is something to look forward to.  

In fact, I admit, it is almost refreshing to have low expectations this season.  Anything half-assed decent is going to exceed expectations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post: