Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So if you don't think they're primed for a SB run in 24...
The first year Teddy started we won the division and had a really exciting young, hungry team that was on the rise and it appeared to be the beginning of a new era. The next season pre season we were a Super Bowl favorite until Teddy's injury and since then it seems like we have been a team in limbo, are we rebuilding or are we a contender, even during the 6 years Kirk was here, it never felt like we were building something as it was always the question of how long he was going to be there and if we were going to extend him.

What I am hoping for this year is something like that first year with Teddy, a team with promise, a clear vision of what we are doing, who the QB is and that the potential for success is there. Would be nice to be moving in a forward direction with a franchise QB instead of not really having an identity.

Assuming that JJM doesn’t come in and blow up like the stud he probably is, I’d like to see Darnold play average or better and the team gets 8+ wins. I’d also like to get off the crazy train, where every game feels like it’s been scripted by Hollywood to maximize by stress levels and we consistently play near our ability levels. If we’re depending on miracles to win games, I want it to end in a Super Bowl, not a first round playoff loss.

For all of you who posted here.............see me in February.

(06-28-2024, 10:03 PM)FLVike Wrote: For all of you who posted here.............see me in February.

Plans for Valentine's Day?

Perhaps this is the lame "casual fan" answer but I care more about monitoring and potentially seeing the McCarthy progress than I do about Darnold. I want Sam to do well but if he stinks out the joint it's not going to bother me. He's a long shot on a one-year deal so I'm being realistic there.

Otherwise I agree with a lot of OP's.

Can 3 go up another level and really become that AJB/Devonte Smith or Julio/Roddy-type combo for us?
Will the defense still play their hearts out for Flores or was that a mirage?
Outside of the Hitman, who is our leader(s) on defense?
Can the new kid kick?

Leaguewide:

How will the new kickoff rules impact the league and our team / who's our return men?
Can anyone beat Mahomes? Lots of my friends are Chiefs fans. They've won enough for my lifetime.

(Yesterday, 08:56 AM)pattersaur Wrote: Can 3 go up another level and really become that AJB/Devonte Smith or Julio/Roddy-type combo for us?
Will the defense still play their hearts out for Flores or was that a mirage?
Outside of the Hitman, who is our leader(s) on defense?
Can the new kid kick?

Can 3 go up another level and really become that AJB/Devonte Smith or Julio/Roddy-type combo for us? I think they might be already. JJ is better than AJB and in 3 years Devonte Smith has never scored 10 TDs like Jordan did last year as a rookie playing with 4 different QBs. Roddy White played 11 seasons and scored over 10 TDs just once. Our question isn't about Addison. It's about the QB. 

Will the defense still play their hearts out for Flores or was that a mirage? Flores defenses have been successful wherever he's been. I don't expect that to suddenly stop. The key will be how good Turner is at replacing the pressure that Hunter gave us. Because every other position looks to be slightly better than it was last year. 

Outside of the Hitman, who is our leader(s) on defense? Do we need more than one? If so, probably Phillips, Greenard and Metellus

Can the new kid kick? He's been the talk of minicamp. But then so was Walsh and Carlson. We'll just to have to see. But the early returns are good.

(Yesterday, 04:59 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Plans for Valentine's Day?

Funny,
You know, if you've been an NFL fan long enough you most likely understand that the best team doesn't always win. And we have had the best team several times and didn't win. Do you actually think that the Lions and Packers are so much better than us that we have zero chance against them? The last time we played the Lions our QB threw 4 interceptions and we only lost by 6. Our QB will most likely be much better the next time we play them. Forgive me if I take an underdog in the NFC North.

(Yesterday, 05:49 PM)FLVike Wrote: Funny,
You know, if you've been an NFL fan long enough you most likely understand that the best team doesn't always win. And we have had the best team several times and didn't win. Do you actually think that the Lions and Packers are so much better than us that we have zero chance against them? The last time we played the Lions our QB threw 4 interceptions and we only lost by 6. Our QB will most likely be much better the next time we play them. Forgive me if I take an underdog in the NFC North.

I never said any of what you are saying. Optimism is good. But aren't you also the guy that said we'll have better QBing now that Cousins is gone? Like as in this year? JMO, but this is a 7 or 8 win team. Its not what I want, but its realistic considering we've got a guy like Darnold learning a new offense. 

No Cousins, new QB who has been a bust, tough schedule and NFC powers like Green Bay and Detroit in your division and your projecting a NFCN crown this season? You'll have to 'forgive me' for not getting that line of thinking.