Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Father's Day, my Viking brothers!
...and to all of those illegitimate kids running around the great state of Minnesota! I'm looking at you, PF!  Cool Big Grin

Hope you have the best day ever. I see all you great Dads out there, keep on keeping on. Its the most important job you'll ever have. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952kwnu1d7tl7muxacewc...y.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 4 users Like StickierBuns's post:

You too Sticky (er)

My old man is 90 years old now and has a hankering for Olive Garden Spaghetti and Meatballs...So we're bringing him some home-made brownies & Olive Garden Spaghetti and Meatballs...

Least that place hadn't gone to sh it yet ala Red Lobster.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

Thanks Stickier Sticky. I am waiting for the requisite calls from two grown daughters in Colorado and Oregon, respectively.
I did have an occasion in the last few weeks to contemplate my own Dad, who was taken far too early at age 63. He was described as a "gentle man" by many, and he would have been 100 now.
It's not just us as Dads to recognize, but our own Fathers and how they were raised. I struggle with understanding how raising a family in small towns in Minnesota differs from how families are raised today (anywhere), and the regrets of lost opportunities to spend time with Dads.
Do it while you can...if you can't, it will be too late.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(06-16-2024, 10:45 AM)Montana Tom Wrote: Thanks Stickier Sticky.  I am waiting for the requisite calls from two grown daughters in Colorado and Oregon, respectively. 
I did have an occasion in the last few weeks to contemplate my own Dad, who was taken far too early at age 63.  He was described as a "gentle man" by many, and he would have been 100 now. 
It's not just us as Dads to recognize, but our own Fathers and how they were raised.  I struggle with understanding how raising a family in small towns in Minnesota differs from how families are raised today (anywhere), and the regrets of lost opportunities to spend time with Dads. 
Do it while you can...if you can't, it will be too late.

Yes sir, my son and his wife will be doing a Zoom call with me and his Mom later from Colorado. He's doing absolutely great and I'm always bursting with pride. Carpe diem! I'm sure you're being the best girl Dad you can be, brother.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: