Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Pepsi no longer #2 soda brand
https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/03/business/...e=20240603&Profile=CNN&utm_content=1717456265&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin

Dr. Pepper takes the #2 spot. I was never a huge fan of Dr. Pepper when I drank soda many years ago, but I felt Coke certainly has a different taste than Pepsi. Not a huge difference, but noticeable enough that I preferred the taste of Coke. Sprite is a very close behind Pepsi. I haven't had a full sugar soda in probably 20+ years, but I will have a Diet Coke very sporadically. My neighbors in Kansas City were full blown Diet Coke addicts: drank it every day, all day long. Not good.

I believe it. My kids and all their friends drink Dr. Pepper. It seems Pepsi no longer has the nation's zeitgeist the way they did in the 80s with all the pop stars promoting it. You don't see it much anymore.

I didn't even know Dr. Pepper was still around, where is Purple Passion on the list!

I was very surprised when that news first came out...I didnt realize Dr Pepper was so popular in the South.

I dont drink carbonated beverages any more. My wife does - but only Zevia now.

I hardly see anyone drinking pop anymore.

I don't go out of my way to drink soft drinks, although my wife always drinks Diet Pepsi (when she can). It's a proven fact that Pepsi is sweeter than Coke, hence on a taste test (particularly with younger consumers who prefer a sweeter taste) it outperforms Coke. But just like beer is bitter (thanks to the alpha acids in hops), the flavor is consistent with ones expectation. Would you drink a "sweet beer"? Of course not!

When I do drink any soft drink (typically at a fast food place like Taco John's or Burger King), I'll default to Dr. Pepper. Coke's attempt at Mr. Pibb (or Pepsi's cherry cola) is a very weak swipe at Dr. Pepper. They'd go broke if they relied on me, but I understand the appeal of Dr. Pepper.

I think they were very smart to go all-in on college football sponsorship. Mix a bit of altruism with the brand (and some of the ads with Brian Bosworth, former Oklahoma linebacker) are pretty hilarious and over the top. My favorites are the "draft portal" and the unemotional "war of the mascots".

Dr Pepper is surprisingly good w/ Wild Turkey…!  Cry

I love a Dr. Pepper from time to time
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vikergirl's post: