Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Per KOC: Full on competition for starting OG spots
The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
·
20m
According to HC Kevin O’Connell, #Vikings G Dalton Risner will battle BOTH LG Blake Brandel and RG Ed Ingram for a starting G spot ?

“We bring back Dalton Risner, who’s gonna compete like crazy at the guard spot with both Ed [Ingram] and Blake Brandel”

Good.

They seem to think Ed Ingram is the answer at RG. Risner stated when he signed he would be willing to play wherever they needed him. I think they should see how he does at center.

Its just more competition..

I sense regret from KOC that they didnt have more competition at the OG spot last training camp and that they signed Risner too late.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(06-10-2024, 02:17 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
·
20m
According to HC Kevin O’Connell, #Vikings G Dalton Risner will battle BOTH LG Blake Brandel and RG Ed Ingram for a starting G spot ?

“We bring back Dalton Risner, who’s gonna compete like crazy at the guard spot with both Ed [Ingram] and Blake Brandel”

The competition should make both positions better. I'd probably give the edge to Blake and Ed, but now if one of them goes down, we don't have to worry about playing The Mullet. 

I also think if Ingram were to get hurt, we'd more likely see Risner come in at LG and Brandel move over to RG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(06-10-2024, 03:17 PM)Greylock Wrote: They seem to think Ed Ingram is the answer at RG. Risner stated when he signed he would be willing to play wherever they needed him. I think they should see how he does at center.

If there is any position on the IOL that needs open competition it's center, Bradbury gets no push in run block and zero anchor, his best move is to get in the way and even doing that he rarely slows a DT.

OG musical chairs. 3 players, 2 spots, 1 guy disappointed when the music stops.

IMO, competition is good here regardless.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: