Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
He's back
Glad he's back in the fold. Doesn't cost or hurt much. He's not a world beater but he seemed fine to my untrained eye.

Andrew Krammer
@Andrew_Krammer
Regarding the Dalton Risner re-signing, it's my understanding that left guard Blake Brandel will remain with the first-team offense in OTAs. Brandel was not at today's practice for personal reasons. Dan Feeney was with the 1's. Risner started 11 games last season.

[Image: GOwkrNEXoAARlgG?format=jpg&name=small]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

The Purple Persuasion@TPPSkol
According to@Andrew_Krammer
via@AccessVikings, despite re-signing LG Dalton Risner, Krammer was told the #Vikings still expect LG Blake Brandel to be the starter ?

“And then they bring Risner back, and then Brandel's not here today. And you start wondering, okay, did Brandel go down, what happened? But turns out, I was told [Brandel] wasn't here for personal reasons, and that they actually still expect him to be the starter, despite Dalton Risner coming back.”

Quality depth signing with Risner. Glad to read Brandel still probable starter.

(06-03-2024, 06:01 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Quality depth signing with Risner. Glad to read Brandel still probable starter.

For now. This could play out any number of ways. One is that Brandel beats out Risner. But considering that Risner is a LG only and Brandel can play both sides, the Vikings could put Brandel in a competition with Ingram at RG to get the best five on the field. Either way that 3-way competition could result in better IOL play.

Whoever starts between Risner and Brandel, our OL depth is now better.