Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Major Juice
(06-02-2024, 09:28 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: If you watch the QBs throwing at the combine, Nix's ball was a little wobbly coming out.  He was overthrowing it.  He has good arm strength, but it's not on the same level as McCarthy and Milton.  Both of their throws were tight spirals that came out quick without them needing to sacrifice their mechanics to generate velocity.

And yes, Maye has good, not great arm strength. Same for Jayden Daniels who was touted by the media as having a big arm.  He doesn't...  his arm strength is pretty average, he just has a reputation for a big arm because he made some plays down field throwing to two first round picks at WR.

That said, all these guys we're talking about have sufficient arm strength to be successful QBs in the NFL.  But JJ will be able to test tighter windows than some of these other QBs because of his arm.

Pretty spot on assessment here IMO, Mad G. Nix's arm is fine, but its lesser-than the other QBs drafted in round 1.

(06-02-2024, 08:30 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: When I first watched him, I thought his short and mid field accuracy was great, but that his deep accuracy could use some work. But I think accuracy is even more misleading than arm strength because it's dependent on so many other things. But I don't think JJM is an inherently inaccurate thrower along the lines of Locker, Trubisky, Allen, etc.

JJM's stats indicate accuracy but his highlights show balls thrown short and off the mark at times, but bailed out by the receiver. I only watched him live once last year and he looked pretty accurate, then would suddenly miss badly on an uncontested unpressured short pass.
My fear was that he would be a game manager playing small ball, which actually would not be a bad thing in this offense. So it's good to hear he has a strong arm and hopefully has long ball accuracy. If not, Jefferson will go get those off target and 50/50 throws.