Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy and paste
Hello everyone:

I like to copy and paste from actual articles (within the confines of fair use), but, when I try, all I get is ......................................

Example from an article about a feather: The feather is registered as a taonga tūturu under a system to protect Maori made objects. Only collectors who had license in the system were allowed to purchase it, and it can not leave the country without permission from the Ministry of Culture and Heritage.

(05-22-2024, 11:12 PM)VikingOracle Wrote: Hello everyone:

I like to copy and paste from actual articles (within the confines of fair use), but, when I try, all I get is ......................................

Example from an article about a feather: The feather is registered as a taonga tūturu under a system to protect Maori made objects. Only collectors who had license in the system were allowed to purchase it, and it can not leave the country without permission from the Ministry of Culture and Heritage.

Yeah, doesn't work like it should. 

Two things work though (at least using Chrome on a Mac): 1. paste first into a text edit app, then copy and paste back into your post. Or 2. Copy from the website, then "paste and match style" (shift, command, V). I'm sure there are similar functions on PCs and other browsers.

I think if you go in and edit your paste after posting:

Highlight the paste
Change Font Size
Change Font Color (if necessary)

That should get er done...

NFL Players Association Proposal Could Eliminate Spring Football In NFL But Of Course There Are Issues
Armando Salguero

works for me on windows in chrome. no extra messing around, copied the above text from another site, right click and pasted it into the reply box and done.