Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight Ends signings and Hock's injury
(05-17-2024, 05:04 PM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: TJ's injury makes me even more surprised that the team didn't go out and get a solid #3 WR. If he's out a good portion of the year and either Jefferson or Addison get hurt, we're f*cked.

I think there is still plenty of time and cut-down days are out there too. I dont think they are that worried about it based on their action (or inaction).

(05-17-2024, 03:09 PM)pattersaur Wrote: Yeah this is rough news if he's out for all or most of the year. The drop off from Hockenson to Bob Tonyan is STEEP.

I'm higher on Oliver than I think most fans and am excited to see him get more balls thrown his way, but I can't argue with his drop rate and some of those stats. Hopefully it's something he can improve and help out the team.

Also and perhaps more importantly, hopefully Justin and 3 stay healthy. We should still be okay with those two and Aaron Jones as a strong pass catching group. But if one goes down that could change in a hurry.

I am also higher on Oliver than most.  Quick question, what do you think is his drop rate?  I think I found a site that tracks drops and Oliver had no drops last year according to this site: TE Statistics

(05-17-2024, 05:55 PM)VikingOracle Wrote: I am also higher on Oliver than most.  Quick question, what do you think is his drop rate?  I think I found a site that tracks drops and Oliver had no drops last year according to this site: TE Statistics

He's never had many catches either, which is the problem. I think Mundt is the better receiving target, but even at that, nobody is coming close to the production Hockenson gave us. Good bet Hock misses at least half the season which takes away probably our #2 option in the passing game. Another reason why that first month of the season will be even more difficult for Darnold. Those first 5 games before the bye are going to go a long ways in determining what we do the rest of the season on a lot of things, including putting Hock on season ending IR in an effort to gear up for 2025..

Oh and by the way....F Kirby Joseph
[-] The following 1 user Likes supafreak84's post:

(05-17-2024, 05:04 PM)TheWinterSKOLdier Wrote: TJ's injury makes me even more surprised that the team didn't go out and get a solid #3 WR. If he's out a good portion of the year and either Jefferson or Addison get hurt, we're f*cked.

Couldn't you say that about almost any team? Look at the Lions...if Amon goes down, their WR1 is megabust Jameson Williams, who, despite being completely healthy in 2023, ranked 130th among pass catchers. WR2 is Khalif Raymond, who's a Brandon Powell clone.  

I'd like to see a little better competition at WR3 and the Vikings could still bring in someone, but I have a hunch the Vikings might be a little higher on Powell than we think. He was clutch in some key moments last year.

I expect mid-season at the earliest and it will depend on how the season starts out. If they win some games he’s back, if not IR. They are sure going to miss him.