Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khyree Jackson, CB/S
The 33rd Team@The33rdTeamFB
The Vikings got a good one in Khyree Jackson

His scouting report from
@gregcosell

STRENGTHS:

- Rare size for an outside corner with the physical and athletic traits to play press-man coverage at a high level

- Long strider who covered ground quickly and easily in zone coverage and could close windows with his length

- Showed patience and poise in press-man coverage due to good knee bend and balance; controlled and measured

- Strong snaps of mirror match press-man coverage, locking onto a receiver and staying in phase throughout the route

- Stride length and play speed were big factors when he was beaten off the ball in press man as he showed recovery ability

- Did a good job in mirror match press-man, getting his head around and locating-tracking the ball on vertical routes

- Showed balance and body control to stop and re-direct at the top of receiver route stem, and could sink and transition

- A strong tackler who was willing to play physically, he consistently showed excellent run support on the outside.

WEAKNESSES:

- While smooth and fluid in his movement, he is not a high-level change-of-direction athlete; long and high-cut

- Sticky and segmented at times while opening hips transitioning in press coverage; did not always look comfortable

- At times some balance and body-control issues with his jam in a physical press when he overextended with his strike

- Could be a little sticky and segmented while opening his hips and transitioning in off coverage, and at times too upright

- Some issues in off coverage staying connected at the top of the route stem and lost contact with the receiver

- Despite his size and stride length will top-end speed be a concern? Can he run and stay connected to deep routes?

- More comfortable at this point playing press-man than off coverage; his high cut limits transitions from backpedal

BOTTOM LINE:

"What consistently stood out about Jackson was how physical he was in coverage, staying in phase throughout the route with the length and play speed to carry receivers vertically. Jackson at this point is a press-man corner much more so than an off-coverage corner. His hip tightness and segmented transitions more consistently showed up in the latter. He has the confidence to play mirror match and with targeted physicality, and he would project and transition best to a team that features press as a foundation of its coverage concepts."
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Cool. Was hoping for a DT, and Corlus who went the next pick to Atlanta was #64 on Jeremiah's board so I was a little bummed.

This is my selection for Mr. Mankato now Eagan. He's long, feisty, physical and now some perspective about life. I think he's going to maximize this opportunity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-27-2024, 04:33 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: This is my selection for Mr. Mankato now Eagan. He's long, feisty, physical and now some perspective about life. I think he's going to maximize this opportunity.

Agree. Nothing offers perspective and humility like a two-bit job in the real world. His merry-go-round is a little concerning, but it also means he could have a big upside given some stability.

Kyhree Jackson details his amazing journey from stopping playing football to becoming a Viking.

https://www.vikings.com/video/khyree-jac...g-a-viking

And he'll be 25 before the season starts, so even if he's good by the time his rookie contract is up he'll be going over the hill
(for a CB).  At least Kwesi won't have to worry about paying a 2nd contract  Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes RS_Express's post:

(04-27-2024, 07:03 PM)RS_Express Wrote: And he'll be 25 before the season starts, so even if he's good by the time his rookie contract is up he'll be going over the hill
(for a CB).  At least Kwesi won't have to worry about paying a 2nd contract  Rolleyes

When was the last time we had a CB reach a second contract? I seriously think it was Rhodes and you could make a case for Alexander, but that's only because they brought him back after Cincy cut him. We've spent so many picks on corners and none of them have managed to stick around. I don't even think it is a cap management strategy, they've really not drafted anyone of late who earned a second contract.

That being said, Jackson is at least an interesting prospect. I like that he's big with long arms and plays the run well. Hopefully, he can at least be a decent man corner for Flores's scheme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyr's post:

(04-27-2024, 07:57 PM)Tyr Wrote: When was the last time we had a CB reach a second contract? I seriously think it was Rhodes and you could make a case for Alexander, but that's only because they brought him back after Cincy cut him. We've spent so many picks on corners and none of them have managed to stick around. I don't even think it is a cap management strategy, they've really not drafted anyone of late who earned a second contract.

That being said, Jackson is at least an interesting prospect. I like that he's big with long arms and plays the run well. Hopefully, he can at least be a decent man corner for Flores's scheme.

And thats going back to when we had Zimmer the supposed “Cornerback whisperer” leading the team
Is this thing on?

RS_Express And he'll be 25 before the season starts, so even if he's good by the time his rookie contract is up he'll be going over the hill

Well after a couple of Lombardi’s we wont be able to keep everyone any way… Cool Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post: