Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lions just got hosed.
I was watching in the tailgate lot and as soon as I saw it I said he was short... It might have been more or a wish,  but it sure looked short to me right away and it was confirmed by the review.  I did forget about the 10 second run off so I have to admit that I was a little shocked when they made that call to end the game.

It was clearly not a TD. Knee down, and touched, and short of the goal. Really a gutsy enforcement of the rules by refs in that situation.

Quote: @"JoDakota" said:
It was clearly not a TD. Knee down, and touched, and short of the goal. Really a gutsy enforcement of the rules by refs in that situation.
thats what i was thinking,  no way they over turn this though,   apparently the falcons are becoming one of those teams that gets the calls.  I really wish I knew why the Vikings rarely get those type of calls,  it cant still be the whiskey bottle or squirt bottle incidents can it?

I loved it when Dean Blandino explained the rule, that it was short of the goal, and that 10 seconds needed to be run off, and the announcer asked how comfortable he would be to make that call "He said he was very comfortable in the FOx studios making the call"

When i saw it I immediately thought of Cooks TD called back in the Pittsburgh game.  If they overturn Cooks TD with a much worse angle, they had to call ball the Lions TD.