Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draft Week Rumor Thread
(04-25-2024, 06:14 PM)RS_Express Wrote: Just saw a "report" on NFLN that said the Pats were staying at 3 and taking Maye.  Could be true, could be a last-hour attempt to get a bigger offer.

IF anyone is surprised by this, I have a deed to some land in Brooklyn to sell yah....
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(04-25-2024, 06:16 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: IF anyone is surprised by this, I have a deed to some land in Brooklyn to sell yah....

We competitively rebuilt our way out of any shot at getting one of the top 3 QB prospects in this draft. Maye was the guy we wanted...but hey, those two wins with Josh Dobbs last year were cool

(04-25-2024, 06:16 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: IF anyone is surprised by this, I have a deed to some land in Brooklyn to sell yah....

Not surprised by it at all. But it's a big mistake for them. They'll ruin him. He has no protection. No one to throw to. It's just stupid IMO.

(04-25-2024, 06:58 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Not surprised by it at all. But it's a big mistake for them. They'll ruin him. He has no protection. No one to throw to. It's just stupid IMO.

Yah, but how many teams have put the car b4 the horse - and they fell in love with the guy too. 

Maybe their thinking they'll be drafting high again next year - more protection and weapons for the kid.

(04-25-2024, 06:57 PM)supafreak84 Wrote: We competitively rebuilt our way out of any shot at getting one of the top 3 QB prospects in this draft. Maye was the guy we wanted...but hey, those two wins with Josh Dobbs last year were cool

Cmon now...

You really gonna diss on them for putting out a career backup who balled out a couple of games and won a few???

I mean, their expectations had to be low as hell with him.

(04-25-2024, 07:06 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Yah, but how many teams have put the car b4 the horse - and they fell in love with the guy too. 

Maybe their thinking they'll be drafting high again next year - more protection and weapons for the kid.

Cmon now...

You really gonna diss on them for putting out a career backup who balled out a couple of games and won a few???

I mean, their expectations had to be low as hell with him.

No but I'll diss on them for not rebuilding this thing earlier and holding on to tradable assets that just walked out the door in free agency. Stuck in no man's land in the regular season and now stuck in no man's land in the draft