Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jayden Daniels a fit for KOC's offense?
With some now thinking Daniels could fall a bit, it makes me wonder if he's a fit for our offense. 

I just watched more of him and you see a lot of three things: Running, deep passes and floaty touch passes. He does all of those things really well. What you don't see are a lot of timing routes that are such a big part of this offense—those 20-yard throws over the middle into windows with the kind of anticipation, velocity and precision that was Cousins’ calling card. 

Daniels is a real weapon at QB and if you draft him I think you do what Baltimore did with Lamar Jackson. Tear up the playbook and change your offense to suit the QB. Is KOC willing to do that?

I know there are traits he wants, they dont seem that unique to what other coaches speak, but KOC needs to evolve the offense based on whether its Daniels vs Penix etc...

I trust them to do that. May take a while, but this is hopefully a 10 year relationship, with plenty of time to get better.

I also think Daniels is capable of picking-up that medium, outside passing game KOC loves to run.

never mind - posting this elsewhere...

Daniels would be a great fit in Minnesota. But it won't happen. And he really, REALLY wants to be a Viking. And JJ REALLY would love to see him in Minnesota.

I dont see a long term QB, and I dont see a fit with KOC. While Kevin doesnt seem as rigid in his system as Zimmer was, I think he still wants to see his system ran, after all it is his career on the line. Kind of like the rocket man experiment, when he was thrown in week one, they just played playground football and it worked, but once teams adjusted to a running QB under KOC, it went to shit from there. I dont think a running QB has a very long future and as such I dont think KOC is wanting to build an offense around that type of QB just to have them end up missing stretches of every year where you have to then go back to a more conventional offense that you havent been running. Daniels will be a splash player, until he gets splatted a few times and then IMO he becomes a what could have been type of story. 6'4" 181 pounds..... that just isnt the build of somebody that isnt likely going to make a living getting hit by 300# men.