Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeing some rumors that Vikings are in discussion with the Commanders….
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
There's no way that Washington is giving up that 2 spot when they have absolutely nothing for a QB. This is their shot just like NE's. The top 3 spots aren't going to move off with such a huge void at that position.
unless they dont view the QB boards the same way the talking heads do.  there is better than good chance Penix and Nix are there at 11,  possibly even JJM,  so if they are ok with any of those 3,  smart money is to take the trade,  get one of those 3 at 11,  add another quality player at 23,  and most likely looking at 2 more firsts next year inside the top 20.  I just dont see the value in moving up for one of the top 3,  when there isnt really a consensus who the top 3 QBs in this draft really are,  but I also say KAMs job is on the line here,  if he is that sold on one of those guys,  then I dont fault him for being bold,  just better be right.
I think it's O'Connell that's picking out the QBOTF not Kwesi.  I do think Kwesi is pulling the strings to try to make options available to land the QB O'Connell would like, but I doubt KAM would pick any QB that KOC didn't want.
Quote: Its KAMs job to see the big picture and make the best decisions for the franchise,  if KOC or whoever gives him bad advice its his ass on the line because its his decision to make the moves or not.  I agree that it isnt likely KAMs only decision, but he is the one with the QB formula or whatever he calls it.

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
There's no way that Washington is giving up that 2 spot when they have absolutely nothing for a QB. This is their shot just like NE's. The top 3 spots aren't going to move off with such a huge void at that position.
unless they dont view the QB boards the same way the talking heads do.  there is better than good chance Penix and Nix are there at 11,  possibly even JJM,  so if they are ok with any of those 3,  smart money is to take the trade,  get one of those 3 at 11,  add another quality player at 23,  and most likely looking at 2 more firsts next year inside the top 20.  I just dont see the value in moving up for one of the top 3,  when there isnt really a consensus who the top 3 QBs in this draft really are,  but I also say KAMs job is on the line here,  if he is that sold on one of those guys,  then I dont fault him for being bold,  just better be right.
That's exactly the point.  The most important part of this whole equation is being right.  If we have guys that know what to look for and we know some other team is likely to block our path to a QB we want, we elbow them out of the way and do everything in our might to get him.  You're going to get one good shot at this, and it's time to act.   It doesn't guarantee anything, but if you're right it's a home run.  If you're wrong, we'll likely get another shot in the next few years.  LOL
Except if you have traded away all your 1st and second round picks you're going to look like the Jets in a hurry.
although like MB likes to point out,   the niners took that huge swing for Lance,  it fell flat on its face,  and they went to the SB 3 years later,  its sucks to lose out on cheap talent, but just think they didnt have to worry about the huge contracts for those 3 first rounders after their rookie deals were done. :p

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"Waterboy" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
That's exactly the point.  The most important part of this whole equation is being right.  If we have guys that know what to look for and we know some other team is likely to block our path to a QB we want, we elbow them out of the way and do everything in our might to get him.  You're going to get one good shot at this, and it's time to act.   It doesn't guarantee anything, but if you're right it's a home run.  If you're wrong, we'll likely get another shot in the next few years.  LOL
Except if you have traded away all your 1st and second round picks you're going to look like the Jets in a hurry.
although like MB likes to point out,   the niners took that huge swing for Lance,  it fell flat on its face,  and they went to the SB 3 years later,  its sucks to lose out on cheap talent, but just think they didnt have to worry about the huge contracts for those 3 first rounders after their rookie deals were done. :p
Then they got lucky as hell with Purdy...May not be Rogers or Mahomes, but plenty good enough with that surround. 

[Image: 7b1ee431-d72c-4d13-9503-937ecc20e3ef_text.gif]

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I'm with Supa on this -- much as I would love to see Daniels wearing purple again in the pros? Moving up to #2 scares the bejeezus out of me...
Because of the cost to move up one more? I think the cost to move to 4 or 5 is what we have: the two firsts. To move to 3, I think you'd have to add the '25 1st, because of how the league views the top 3 QBs. I just don't think moving up one more slot in this particular season, which is essentially the difference between Daniels and Maye, would add much to the comp. I don't think very many teams have one ranked much higher than the other. 
 My thinking was the thought to move up to #3 or #2 would be more prohibitive as it would mean no #1 pick in 25 in addition to our 2 this year. 

Giving up 3 #1's for a crapshoot is a hard pause for me vs giving up our 2 #1's this year for #4 or #5 slot. Glad its not my call. I have no idea how they slot these guys, how they see fit or how much difference they see in their upsides. 

Yeah, but you're giving up crapshots for other crapshots (if that's a word). Remember, 49ers gave up three 1sts for Lance. Rams haven't had a 1st rounder since they drafted Goff. Both teams were in the playoffs last year. What is it that folks have been telling us for the last 6 years? "You'll never hit a home run if you don't ever swing the bat." It's time for the Vikings to swing the bat, for better or worse. 

Of course, there are degrees of risk and cost that factor in, but the market is what the market is. Assuming you believe in your ability to identify him, you either pay it for your guy, or you settle for 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) best. If you go yard, nobody's gonna give a damn what you paid for the AB. If you strike out, you're not going to be around to care. 

What if you could get back a 2025 2nd round pick from Washington or NE? You have to figure that either is going to be a top 40 pick next year. We might have to sweeten the deal by including a Day 3 pick this year. Using NE:
Vikes gets: Pick #3 & 2025 2nd round
NE gets: Pick #11, #23, #157 & 2025 1st round
Would you make this trade?

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
I'm with Supa on this -- much as I would love to see Daniels wearing purple again in the pros? Moving up to #2 scares the bejeezus out of me...
Because of the cost to move up one more? I think the cost to move to 4 or 5 is what we have: the two firsts. To move to 3, I think you'd have to add the '25 1st, because of how the league views the top 3 QBs. I just don't think moving up one more slot in this particular season, which is essentially the difference between Daniels and Maye, would add much to the comp. I don't think very many teams have one ranked much higher than the other. 
 My thinking was the thought to move up to #3 or #2 would be more prohibitive as it would mean no #1 pick in 25 in addition to our 2 this year. 

Giving up 3 #1's for a crapshoot is a hard pause for me vs giving up our 2 #1's this year for #4 or #5 slot. Glad its not my call. I have no idea how they slot these guys, how they see fit or how much difference they see in their upsides. 

Yeah, but you're giving up crapshots for other crapshots (if that's a word). Remember, 49ers gave up three 1sts for Lance. Rams haven't had a 1st rounder since they drafted Goff. Both teams were in the playoffs last year. What is it that folks have been telling us for the last 6 years? "You'll never hit a home run if you don't ever swing the bat." It's time for the Vikings to swing the bat, for better or worse. 

Of course, there are degrees of risk and cost that factor in, but the market is what the market is. Assuming you believe in your ability to identify him, you either pay it for your guy, or you settle for 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th) best. If you go yard, nobody's gonna give a damn what you paid for the AB. If you strike out, you're not going to be around to care. 
Well, to bring the swirl full circle....

We've been saying all along they have to have conviction or don't pull the trigger.

That doesnt meant I wont be a cat in a dog pound under certain scenarios though... :p

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
What if you could get back a 2025 2nd round pick from Washington or NE? You have to figure that either is going to be a top 40 pick next year. We might have to sweeten the deal by including a Day 3 pick this year. Using NE:
Vikes gets: Pick #3 & 2025 2nd round
NE gets: Pick #11, #23, #157 & 2025 1st round
Would you make this trade?
Yeah, as I Viking I jump on that but theres no way the Patriots are giving is back a 2. Its going to be 3x 1sts and a 3rd if Maye is there.