Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaguars sign Ezra Cleveland to 3 year contract extension
On Thursday morning, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported that Cleveland signed a three-year, $28.5 million deal.

Guess he does want to play guard after all…  Wink 

I thought Rapaport's tweet was interesting: 

The #Jaguars and standout G Ezra Cleveland have agreed to terms on a new 3-year deal worth $28.5M, sources say, with $14.5M guaranteed.

Jacksonville traded for Cleveland last season and moved quickly to keep him off the market in a deal done by Ron Slavin of 
@SPORTSTARSNYC

I think the Vikings should've gotten more than a 6th rounder for a 25-year-old starting guard on a rookie deal. But he's never been a "standout G" either in Minny or Jax. 

I was listening to NFL Radio the other day and they had a Jags reporter on discussing their offensive line who basically said Cleveland was "awful" and would be surprised to see him back with Jacksonville. Guess the front office felt differently 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I was listening to NFL Radio the other day and they had a Jags reporter on discussing their offensive line who basically said Cleveland was "awful" and would be surprised to see him back with Jacksonville. Guess the front office felt differently 
lol, gotta love those local sports reporters...so dialed in.  :p

The take I heard on local sports radio (and how this pertains to the Vikings) is that #'s released so far on Cleveland need to be scrutinized much more as they were most likely released by his agent. 

Vikings are talking with Risner now and there is mutual agreement the two parties would like to strike a deal. But how this EC deal really looks will go a long ways to determining amount/structure for any potential Risner contract. 

I don’t watch that team, but I see Cleveland gave up 3 sacks and had 3 penalties. 

Ed Engram had about 200 more snaps: gave up 5sacks and had 7 penalties. 

They had identical PFF grades.

I agree, they didn’t get enough in return for the 2nd round pick starting Guard. Yet another example of why the front office has not impressed me.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
Trent Baalke is an idiot.