Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justin Fields to the Steelers?
I'm hearing Russell Wilson to the Steelers is a strong possibility.  

The issue with Fields is there's startling video that shows his glaring lack of pocket vision. It's brutal. Guys absolutely wide open and he's standing there staring down his first read who is covered and he won't disengage through progressions. You can't win with that. 

Whomever trades for him will be making a mistake unless its a lesser pick. A first round pick? Gross. But he's an amazingly talented runner. If you want serious passing limitations but a video game type running ability, he's your dude. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
The issue with Fields is there's startling video that shows his glaring lack of pocket vision. It's brutal. Guys absolutely wide open and he's standing there staring down his first read who is covered and he won't disengage through progressions. You can't win with that. 

Whomever trades for him will be making a mistake unless its a lesser pick. A first round pick? Gross. But he's an amazingly talented runner. If you want serious passing limitations but a video game type running ability, he's your dude. 
His inexperience with progressions was the biggest concern about him coming out. 

According to Jeremy Fowler at ESPN, the Vikings are expected to be "on the radar" for Fields. 

Take it for what you will, but I don't see any way that happens 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
According to Jeremy Fowler at ESPN, the Vikings are expected to be "on the radar" for Fields. 

I think silly season just turned into totally stupid season.

Remember when we had a puking emoji?  Could use that about now.

Every team in the NFL needs to know the approximate cost of every option available to them. They need to know the cost of moving from slot A to slot B. They need to know roughly what it's going to take to sign Free Agent X. And they need to know the trade terms of "plan C" players like Fields, Jones and Lance. Much of this is determined by conversations in Indy. Media get wind of these conversations and say player X is on team Y's radar. 

I think this is what's happening with Fields and Atlanta. Have they inquired about what it might cost to trade for him? Yeah, probably. And the Vikings probably have too. Does that mean it's their 1st, 2nd or even 3rd option at QB? Not necessarily.