Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: A don't miss reco.
Through 5 episodes now...
Riveting, dramatic and at times heart-breaking
God bless the hero generation, not much sugar-coating of the war

[Image: Apple_TV_MotA_key_art_graphic_header_4_1_show_home.jpg]

Really happy to hear that. Loved both Band of Brothers and The Pacific, so I was looking forward to this. But I'd read some underwhelming reviews that gave me pause.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Really happy to hear that. Loved both Band of Brothers and The Pacific, so I was looking forward to this. But I'd read some underwhelming reviews that gave me pause.  
Can't miss TV in our house. Even the missus is riveted to this one - and its a topic far removed from The Bachelor. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Yes, those two series set a high bar.  

Is it only on apple TV?

Quote: @"greediron" said:
Is it only on apple TV?
At this time, I believe so. 

I think I'm all WW II'd out. I've watched so much stuff on it the last few years, along with reading two books on Winston Churchill. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think I'm all WW II'd out. I've watched so much stuff on it the last few years, along with reading two books on Winston Churchill. 
I get it...

Hanks and Spielberg have sprinkled some fairy dust on this one and its a mini-series only. I'm not saying its the next Saving Private Ryan - but its far superior to a lot of the schlock streaming. 

If you have Apple TV? Probably worth your time.