Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries and updates
Quote: @supafreak84 said:
Per Wolfson, Marcus Davenport is done for the season. 

In retrospect, how is everyone feeling about our free agent signings from last offseason? Davenport was a bust, Lowry-bust, Mattison-bust, Oliver- non impactful, Murphy-average, Bullard-average, Troy Reeder was waived in training camp. Our best signing was probably Brandon Powell. That's an ugly free agent crop with minimal returns 
I think shopping at the bargain bin is seldom fruitful… 

In retrospect, how is everyone feeling about our free agent signings from last offseason? Davenport was a bust, Lowry-bust, Mattison-bust, Oliver- non impactful, Murphy-average, Bullard-average, Troy Reeder was waived in training camp. Our best signing was probably Brandon Powell. That's an ugly free agent crop with minimal returns 
Not good. But framed another way- in one offseason we added Addison, Pace Jr, Blackmon, Murphy, Bullard, Powell. Hockenson is locked in and we moved off some vets like Cook, Kendricks, Thielen. So that's 4 starters and some solid depth. It's not a home run but it's not a strikeout either. Much better than his first draft and the subsequent months.
Davenport and Mattison are the most glaring whiffs. Davenport because the injury questions were already there so this isn't outta left field, and Mattison because he's been in house for a long time. I know cash was tight but making him the unquestioned starter in basically March was a bad decision by KO, KAM, and whoever else.

Davenport got hurt, so cant complain really.

Mattison regressed but the run blocking wasnt very good. Oliver is 4th rated TE per Pff, 

Murphy was not good in my view and i really dont like his signing in retrospect.  I would probably try to trade his contract since Blackmon looks to be a decent nickel.
 Powell was fine as WR 4 and PR. 

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@supafreak84 said:

Oliver is 4th rated TE per Pff, 
I don't get any of it. He hasn't done anything in the way of being a consistent pass catcher or a receiving threat, and our run game has been terrible all year, yet I keep hearing PFF ranking him like one of the greatest TE's in the league lol. Is his momma the PFF president or what gives!?

Quote: @supafreak84 said: agreed.  Unfortunately with 14 million guaranteed he is hear next year.  Lowry, Davenport, and Mattison have no business being here for OTA'S Bullard maybe and I agree trad Murphy if possible.
@Bullazin said:
@supafreak84 said:

I don't get any of it. He hasn't done anything in the way of being a consistent pass catcher or a receiving threat, and our run game has been terrible all year, yet I keep hearing PFF ranking him like one of the greatest TE's in the league lol. Is his momma the PFF president or what gives!?

@Bullazin said:
@supafreak84 said:

To me he’s looked pretty good when given chances to catch the ball. Especially now that Hock is hurt idk why we aren’t feeding him more. Mundt stinks.  Oliver isn’t worth his salary don’t get me wrong but since he’s here we should probably use him.