Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A real barn burner down the street last night....
https://www.espn.com/college-football/bo.../401551737

Good lord. How did Syracuse get in a bowl game? 20 carries, 2 yards by LeQuint Allen, lol. And Braden Davis with the 5.4 QBR. 

There are so many bowl games that they need teams to play 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
ruins the product IMO,  so many bowl games that I typically forget to even check to see if there are any bowls on since its likely that its just going to be 2 shit teams wasting everyone's time.  kind of sad that bowl invites used to mean something and now it just means you didnt totally suck ass this year.

The current bowl structure has so much irrelevance that it's laughable. Final 4 is all I will be watching.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
ruins the product IMO,  so many bowl games that I typically forget to even check to see if there are any bowls on since its likely that its just going to be 2 shit teams wasting everyone's time.  kind of sad that bowl invites used to mean something and now it just means you didnt totally suck ass this year.
Take today for example, go look at the lineup: not one Bowl game I'm interested in watching. NONE. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:
Take today for example, go look at the lineup: not one Bowl game I'm interested in watching. NONE. 

Thanks for saving me the time.Smile

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Vikergirl said:

Thanks for saving me the time.Smile
The NFL has a few games today however!

I fail to see how some of these under the radar bowl games "ruin the product" or why they should otherwise cause dismay to football fans. I like turning on the TV and seeing a random bowl game on. If I am not interested in that particular game, I just put on something else. I don't think any of these games deprive me of anything. The kids who play in them see them as a reward for a good season. Some kids choose not to play and to declare for the draft or transfer to another school. OK. So it seems like these bowl games are all upside with no downside. Again, if anyone does not want to play in them, then don't play. And if anyone does not want to watch, then don't watch. 

Big win for the FAU basketball team last night over 4th ranked Arizona.....

[Image: 1200px-Florida_Atlantic_Owls_logo.svg.png]