Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reich is out
Quote: @Greylock said:
The league has lost all patience with building a successful team.  Quarterbacks and head coaches have become a disposable commodity in todays league.  If they don't produce in one year or at the most two its time to move on to the next guy.  Teams like the Steelers and Seahawks with Tomlin and Carroll are the exception sticking with a coach as long as they have.  
they've got hardware for their owners many others have never delivered to theirs.

I still can't believe there was even a comparison or conversation about who should be the number 1 pick between Stroud and Young. You only really needed to watch one game, and one game only, Stroud versus Georgia...that's it. The guy was masterful against a roster of NFL talent. Alabama quarterbacks don't pan out (normally) and you are trying to buck 40 years or more of NFL data that says small quarterbacks generally don't work in the NFL. 

The Panthers are in bad shape. Reich was supposed to be a tailor made coach to get Young and this team up to speed, so much for that. Again this has nothing to do with Kwesi vs Poles or anything like that, but Poles robbed Carolina in that trade, regardless if he is eventually fired himself or not 

Quote: @Greylock said:
The league has lost all patience with building a successful team.  Quarterbacks and head coaches have become a disposable commodity in todays league.  If they don't produce in one year or at the most two its time to move on to the next guy.  Teams like the Steelers and Seahawks with Tomlin and Carroll are the exception sticking with a coach as long as they have.  
I hope we can add KOC to that list. I think he finally slays the dragon in MN

Carolina tried to hire Detroit’s young offensive coordinator Johnson for their head coach before hiring Reich, he elected to stay w/ the Lions, prescient…

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
I still can't believe there was even a comparison or conversation about who should be the number 1 pick between Stroud and Young. You only really needed to watch one game, and one game only, Stroud versus Georgia...that's it. The guy was masterful against a roster of NFL talent. Alabama quarterbacks don't pan out (normally) and you are trying to buck 40 years or more of NFL data that says small quarterbacks generally don't work in the NFL. 

The Panthers are in bad shape. Reich was supposed to be a tailor made coach to get Young and this team up to speed, so much for that. Again this has nothing to do with Kwesi vs Poles or anything like that, but Poles robbed Carolina in that trade, regardless if he is eventually fired himself or not 
To be fair, how many OSU QBs have gone on to be successful in the NFL? Agree on size, but admit I wasn't sold on Stroud either going into the draft..