Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love for BFlo

The defense is definitely better than last year, but we have also been fortunate that we have not played many great offenses, the 3 that we did, we gave up 27+ and loss each game, just two weeks ago we gave up 28 to the Falcons and their backup QB.  With Burrow now out we will not see a great QB the rest of the way, so the defense should continue to have opportunities to be more aggressive and improve.  Has been promising to see some significant improvement on the DL and secondary.  

forget any other signngs for now, lock up Flores

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
forget any other signngs for now, lock up Flores
It pains me to say this, but he is putting on a great audition for his next Head Coaching job and there will be plenty of openings in 2024 for him to choose from unfortunately. I think DeMeco Ryans is a good comparison for what we would have to pay Flores to equal what he would get as a Head Coach. 

DeMeco Ryans signed a 6 year, $46,800,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $21,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,800,000.

The question I have is do we have his replacement on the Team who can carry on what he started? 

There's no way to 'lock Flo up' if he wants to be a HC again. The due diligence to replace him has to include a like-minded approach to defense. Get the next BFlo. Vikings will be a high profile position, it should appeal to a bevy of younger defensive minds. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
The defense is definitely better than last year, but we have also been fortunate that we have not played many great offenses, the 3 that we did, we gave up 27+ and loss each game, just two weeks ago we gave up 28 to the Falcons and their backup QB.  With Burrow now out we will not see a great QB the rest of the way, so the defense should continue to have opportunities to be more aggressive and improve.  Has been promising to see some significant improvement on the DL and secondary.  

Last year's opponents season points per game average was 22.24. The defense allowed 25.7 points per game. This year's opponents points per game average through 10 games is 22.31. the defense is allowing 20.9 points per game. Allowing dam near 5 points less a game against better scoring teams. That's a huge turn around.

I think this says a lot...

Vikings Defense,
EPA/Play Ranking:

Before JJets Injury: 21st

After JJets Injury: 3rd

He's done well and without an abundance of talent...

@StickyBun is spot on, if he leaves for a HC position? Find that young, fresh mind and go. 

I suspect KOC will not have a difficult time recruiting coaching talent. Or that person could be on staff already - waiting to get promoted.