Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh McDaniels fired
It's just awesome this thread has gone from Josh McDaniel being fired, to gold diggers, to David Lee Roth lol. Can't make this shit up and why this is a great forum 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
I still like Van Halen better with him than Sammy.  Eddie was the star anyway!
100%
Gotta disagree,  Van Haggar was some of the best music to come out of the 80s/90s.  Eddie was always great, but IMO became a true artist once he started working with Sammy.  I like most all kinds of music,  but I think the more refined sound of Van Haggar ( vs Van Halen/Dave ) will always be up there on my play list.

Sammy's voice was so much better than Roth's its a joke. I like both versions of Van Halen, but there's zero doubt Sammy was the better singer.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@supafreak84 said:
@minny65 said:
I still like Van Halen better with him than Sammy.  Eddie was the star anyway!
100%
Gotta disagree,  Van Haggar was some of the best music to come out of the 80s/90s.  Eddie was always great, but IMO became a true artist once he started working with Sammy.  I like most all kinds of music,  but I think the more refined sound of Van Haggar ( vs Van Halen/Dave ) will always be up there on my play list.
I still prefer the more rocking sound with Roth as opposed to the more coffee bar sound of Van Haggar. Panama, Eruption, Jump...yeah Dave for the win 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Sammy's voice was so much better than Roth's its a joke. I like both versions of Van Halen, but there's zero doubt Sammy was the better singer.
I agree on the voice,  but I think Eddies range on the guitar got better as well.  however I wonder how many of those greats are able to do about anything with a guitar,  I was listening to a pod cast with Ted  Nugent and he had a guitar in the studio with him and he would just crank out about anything from any generation when he was talking about sounds and influences ,credits Chuck Barry, Bo Diddley, iirc for his start,  but anything that got brought up he would just rip it out on whatever he had in the studio with him.  I would be all the great ones have that range,  they just dont necessarily record it for public consumption.

Back in the 1960s Andy Warhol famously quipped that "In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes".   

I think we've arrived at that future now.

@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@claykenny said:
Yeah, attractive women going after rich guys is a recent phenomenon… Some of you are so historically illiterate that it’s comical.
Yep, nothing new....been going on forever. 
I would agree its hardly a new tactic,   but like supa was questioning,   why/when did it become something prideful?
Everything has become 'prideful' today with social media. Everything and anything. And amazing! Heroic! The absolute best and the fucking worst. More 'heroes' and 'villains' than ever in history. 

Just more shitbags, grifters and narcissists having a platform to 'like' stupid stuff which emboldens and 'validates' them. Its social media....these people always existed.
Yep. I could go on for days about this. So I won't. 

Quote: @comet52 said:
Back in the 1960s Andy Warhol famously quipped that "In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes".   

Yep. Everyone is the star of their own movie today whether its Facebook, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc. The absolute and complete narcissism of many kids under the age of 30 is MIND BLOWING. But all age groups really, but mostly the 30 and under crowd. Its making garbage humans.

@comet52 said:

Yep. Everyone is the star of their own movie today whether its Facebook, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc. The absolute and complete narcissism of many kids under the age of 30 is MIND BLOWING. But all age groups really, but mostly the 30 and under crowd. Its making garbage humans.
Definitely limited to the kids. Zero parallels to mindless Trump rallies, cable news hot takes, Skip Bayless-esque sports commentary, etc. Boomers are the problem.