Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40 degrees, cloudy, low wind (6 mph) in Green Bay
Chilly, but surprisingly not windy which is good. No precipitation. 

I read that Denver is going to possibly get a lot of snow today. 6-12 inches??  :#

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

I read that Denver is going to possibly get a lot of snow today. 6-12 inches??  :#
That oughta make the KC game interesting...!

Basically gentle weather for the Border Battle. SKOL Vikings...let's get a dominant win, this time...!

It was 60 degrees here last week...

Now in the 20's when you wake up.

Boom - literally overnight. 

Went to a college game in Montana on Saturday.  It was 10F when we left the house at 9 am.  Turned sunny and a balmy 32 for a high.  That was good football watching weather (if you dressed for it). Hunting season is full on here (our big game season is 6 weeks long, and we had some tracking snow midweek), plus the cold game forecast were said to have kept a few people home.  Still, 25,000+ for an FCS game is pretty good (BTW, we won 40-0 and now Montana sits alone on top of the Big Sky Conference standings after Montana State lost to Idaho...who we had beaten last week).

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:

Good time to be away, but not looking forward to the long drive home from the airport tonight. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Good time to be away, but not looking forward to the long drive home from the airport tonight. 
well if yall hadnt built your airport in Nebraska.... :p

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Agree. I hate that. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Agree. I hate that. 
I actually think it was pretty smart,  it will be a long time before you see a ton of development around it and the griefs that come with trying to develop and sell properties around a big airport like that.  I dont get the cities that are afraid to push out their major projects like that to allow plenty of room for future growth.  Think about how much less noise and traffic you have on the eastern side of Denver because the airport is  435.6 miles east.   Thats gotta be worth something ?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Agree. I hate that. 
I actually think it was pretty smart,  it will be a long time before you see a ton of development around it and the griefs that come with trying to develop and sell properties around a big airport like that.  I dont get the cities that are afraid to push out their major projects like that to allow plenty of room for future growth.  Think about how much less noise and traffic you have on the eastern side of Denver because the airport is  435.6 miles east.   Thats gotta be worth something ?

Not to me. The thing I love most about Denver is that all of its major facilities--its baseball stadium, its football stadium, its basketball, hockey, performing arts complex and largest concert venue-- are downtown. All of 'em. That was genius IMO. 

Build a strong core and the outer areas thrive too. Build shit in the suburbs and the center dies. 

Now, I get that airports are different. No way you could put the country's largest airport anywhere near the city. Still, it's a pain in the ass to get to.

Kansas City used to have their airport downtown and moved it to the northwest area, actually quite aways from even the suburbs. The thought was the suburban sprawl would head that way eventually. Well, it actually went south to Johnson County, lol. So when you drive to KCI from the Kansas/Missouri suburbs, its a haul to nowhere. I used to live in areas like Overland Park/Leawood and it would take 40 minutes of pure driving to get to the airport. Now there was zero traffic, which was great, but it was a haul. That airport is a dream for business travel. Over the last 15 years, there has been growth that way to close the gap a bit.

The problem with any city that has their airport downtown is you are landlocked. No way to expand.