Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GBN updated Mock Draft
Quote: @FLVike said:
@StickyBun said:
@FLVike said:
@StickyBun said:
Seeing some mocks that insinuate there are only 2 QBs worth first round grades: Caleb Williams and Drake Maye. Could be true in theory, good luck having some GMs keep it in their pants the whole first round and not pull the trigger on another QB. Its the NFL and you have people that think they know things other teams don't. 

I would be extremely happy if it went down like that. There would be at least 2 more QB's worth taking later in the first round.  I only wish our GM had a brain at that point of the draft.
Says who? You know what I mean? Hell, Drake Maye could be a bust. 'Worth taking' is in the eye of the beholder. And we've already seen what happens when teams give up the farm to move up for guys. 

I'll be shocked if the Vikings don't take a QB in the first 2 rounds. Who and where will be the interesting part.

Mark my words, Penix and McCarthy will be very good NFL QB's.
JJ McCarthy is my guy....been hyping him for months now. Would love to see him in purple. But there's still no way to know. Just opinions. 

But the thought of JJ throwing TDs to JJ just seems like a marketing dream  :p

For those interested, if the draft were held today the Vikings would be picking 7th overall

LOL,

Its now being reported that Caleb Williams wants partial ownership of whatever team selects him in the draft,  how does that work if they end up cutting or trading him, I am sure there is some sort of clause about not being able to own part of the competition, pretty sure Vegas wouldnt like that.  and also how do you factor that ownership into the salary cap?  seems pretty clueless IMO.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
LOL,

Its now being reported that Caleb Williams wants partial ownership of whatever team selects him in the draft,  how does that work if they end up cutting or trading him, I am sure there is some sort of clause about not being able to own part of the competition, pretty sure Vegas wouldnt like that.  and also how do you factor that ownership into the salary cap?  seems pretty clueless IMO.
It'll never happen. Ever. So either he and his team are trying to control a bit where they go or its a completely made up bullshit story. One or the other.

I'll tell you a kid who is being criminally underrated right now in these early draft projections is Dillon Gabriel. I've seen him play quite a bit but his game against Texas was one of the best performances Ive seen from a college quarterback. Right up there with Stroud against Georgia. His pocket awareness, escapability, and playmaking on the run is special. Throws from the pocket with plenty of juice on his throws. Lefty drops dimes on alot of his deep throws. Only downside is size, at a listed 5'11"/205 pounds. Outside of Caleb Williams though, I don't know that there is a better playmaker at the position and he's vaulted himself right into the Heisman mix. 

I watched Penix for the first time last Saturday, but Bo Nix for the second time.  Penix outshone Nix last weekend, but Nix SOOOO outclassed Shadeur a few weeks ago when Oregon smacked the crap out of Colorado.  It's not really fair to judge a body of work from one game (good or bad), but honestly, I would add Bo Nix to the mix (see what I did?).  Not impressed with Drake Maye, and not really sold on Shadeur either...he needs to marinate another season, I don't care where his Dad wants him to go.   Really really really not impressed with Mel Kiper.  He still has a job and he's never, ever right.  I'm gonna start calling him "The Weatherman with Bad Hair."

Caleb Williams and Drake Maye took a baby step back yesterday. I continue to tout Shadeur Sanders (didn't play this weekend) as a bonafide NFL QB prospect, I really like his instincts and his play. I'm just not sure he's going to come out next Spring. McCarthy continues to look incredible against subpar competition. Penix looked horrible. 

So yesterday in the Tenn-Alabama game, Squirrel White was up against Kool-Aid McKinstry. lol, sigh. You can't make it up.

Quote: @Montana Tom said:
I watched Penix for the first time last Saturday, but Bo Nix for the second time.  Penix outshone Nix last weekend, but Nix SOOOO outclassed Shadeur a few weeks ago when Oregon smacked the crap out of Colorado.  It's not really fair to judge a body of work from one game (good or bad), but honestly, I would add Bo Nix to the mix (see what I did?).  Not impressed with Drake Maye, and not really sold on Shadeur either...he needs to marinate another season, I don't care where his Dad wants him to go.   Really really really not impressed with Mel Kiper.  He still has a job and he's never, ever right.  I'm gonna start calling him "The Weatherman with Bad Hair."
Kiper's wrong a lot. But everyone is. You know who was worse? Mike Mayock. And a bunch of idiots who weren't paying attention decided he should be a GM.